HDHomeRun 4DC only HD channels (1 Viewer)

numatau

Portal Member
October 16, 2007
Hi,

i installed MediaPortal to use a HDHomeRun as DVB-C reciever. After scanning the channels, MediaPortal finds only some HD channels and some other channels, but not the all channels the HDHomeRun native scan found.

Has somedy a hint why this happens?

regards
nt

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

I suspect the problem is that the tuning details for your cable provider are out of date.
    Could you please post your log files and give an example of the channels you're missing (including frequencies if possible).
    Please also tell us which country/region/provider you selected and what type of scan you did (normal, or "scan for transponder list").

mm

numatau

Portal Member
    October 16, 2007
    Hi,
    thanks for the replay.
    I attach the Log File and a pdf with the whole programs offering by my cable provider. It is UnityMedia in Germany/NordRheinWestfalen/33154.
    I tried various type of scans, but i think the last tra was normal. I used the buttin "scan for channels"
    I miss channels like SAT1, RTL, Pro7Maxx, the whole fta-channels which are not HD.

Thanks for your support.
    regards
    nt

Attachments

• programmbelegung.pdf
      419 KB

numatau

Portal Member
    October 16, 2007
    Hallo,

thanks for the tipp, it seems to work.
    All notcrypted channels are availabale.
    Now i habe two smal problems: The EPG seems not be filled and a ActiveMovie Window which opens when i start to look a channel.

thanks for the support
    nt

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

numatau

Portal Member
    October 16, 2007
    Hi,

What have you done to make it filled?

I didn't read the documentation right :-/
    After select the channels, it works.

Possibly a codec configuration issue. Make sure you configure here:

This could be right, i test MediaPortal in a VMWare VM, i think in this environment there are some quirks with the codecs.
    After my tests are finished, i plan to run the server component in a vm and the client native on my pc.
    I think, i will spend some time with this wonderfull programm :)

I want to thank you for your patience!
    regards
    nt

numatau

Portal Member
    October 16, 2007
    Yes of course,

i'm using vms to centrelize services for my home. Bacause mediaportal is a client server system, use a mysql database and the configuration is a little comlex, it is very handy to have the whole system in a vm, which is easy to back up and moving to an other server.
    This is why i take the HDHomeRun which is a pure network tuner. I thought this is the best way for the combination of a vm and a tuner.
    Do you think it is not a good idea to run the mediaportal server component in a vm? I think the serverhardware of the hyper-v server is strong enough.
    Because of this combination i have a question: Supports MediaPortal native the HDHomeRun oder need MP the native software from silicondust to interact with the HomeRun. Do you think the server component should run on iron to work better as central of mediaportal?

regards

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Bacause mediaportal is a client server system, use a mysql database and the configuration is a little comlex, it is very handy to have the whole system in a vm, which is easy to back up and moving to an other server.
    I see, okay. :)
    If it were me I would do things slightly differently. Either I would use the import/export section to save and recover my settings if necessary... or I might put only the MySQL server in the VM. Since the MySQL database contains >90% of the TV Server settings (channels, schedules etc.), this would be a good way to make the TV Server "portable" without any performance penalty.

This is why i take the HDHomeRun which is a pure network tuner. I thought this is the best way for the combination of a vm and a tuner.
    Yes, that is probably true. However the VM cannot help but to affect the I/O performance of all things - network, HDD, memory etc. Maybe the effect is so small as to be unnoticeable for you?

Do you think it is not a good idea to run the mediaportal server component in a vm?
    Personally I would not do it... but everybody has their own preferences. :)
    I am a TV Server expert and only rarely have any problems with it... and if there is a problem I can discover and fix it quickly without needing to "nuke" the install.
    Also, most of my tuners are directly connected to my PC so don't work the best with a VM.

Supports MediaPortal native the HDHomeRun oder need MP the native software from silicondust to interact with the HomeRun.
    We need the software from SiliconDust. They provide a BDA driver which is required to use the tuner.

Best regards, and thanks for your answer. :)
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom