HDHomerun (HDHR3-EU) DVB-C (1 Viewer)

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I might be in the market for a HDHR3-EU but have a few Qs before I order.

Anyone here runs the HDHR3-EU using ComHem cable provider in Sweden, any issues?

On the box it says DVB T/C, one for T and one for C, or can I use both for C? Today I have two USB dongels I'd like to replace - so do I need one or two devices to do that?

Does the HDhomerun come up as a tv card just like my usb stuff and I search for channels in MePo like always or does this work another way?

I've been trying to read up on this stuff but I just don't get it... anyone?

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Anyone here runs the HDHR3-EU using ComHem cable provider in Sweden, any issues?
    Sorry, can't answer that.

On the box it says DVB T/C, one for T and one for C, or can I use both for C?
    All of the tuners can operate either as T or C, depending on configuration. You could choose both as T or both as C. This requires a change in the HDHR setup software, so there is only limited flexibility.

Today I have two USB dongels I'd like to replace - so do I need one or two devices to do that?
    If you want two DVB-C tuners then you need only one HDHRs.

Does the HDhomerun come up as a tv card just like my usb stuff and I search for channels in MePo like always or does this work another way?
    Exactly like that. You need to use HDHR setup software to set "MediaPortal" as the software that you are using, but after that the tuners appear just like any other tuner.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just have to say that this is a fantastic product.

Since nothing is connected to my tv server there is no problem installing a tv server on my testcomputer and still get access to the tuner.
    If running a virtual tv server there will be no problems mapping the firewire/usb to the virtual machine.

It's fast and simple, love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom