HDhomerun Prime bounty (1 Viewer)

bc0508

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi
    I am been messing around trying to get everything working completely with mediaportal. I can get hdhomerun prime to work with the digital channels but not with the cable card channels. I am not talking bout the encrypted ones just the clear. MP just doesnt see the tuner correctly.

I have tested with mythtv and nextpvr and both softwares will see the hdhomerun prime and show me shows from cable card channels.

I am currently using WMC and Mediaportal I would like to get to the point of only using mediaportal for my client.. I am willing to offer a bounty to get this to work in Mediaportal for any developer that has the time to get it working.

I am offering 50 to get this working.

It is pain to record in WMC then covert the files to mp4 to strip the commercials out.

I thought about using mythtv as the backend tv pvr but I am yet to find anyone that has done that ether.

bc0508

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2011
    Home Country
    If you are talking about the channel info that is passed is in the cable card tunerTuning Resolver then yes. If it just the digital channel info then no since that is out there by default. My provider uses a tuner resolver with the hdhomerun and the cable card. I had to get he cable card and resolver to get all my channels. Just scanning the digtial did not do it.

Tuner 1 Status
    Virtual Channel 745 Style H
    Frequency 231.000 MHz
    Program Number 2
    Authorization subscribed
    CCI Protection unrestricted
    CGMS Protection n/a
    Modulation Lock qam256
    PCR Lock locked
    Signal Strength 86% (-8.1 dBmV)
    Signal Quality 100% (37.9 dB)
    Symbol Quality 100%
    Streaming Rate 12.613 Mbps
    Resource Lock 172.16.0.103

This is what I see when I look at the tuner you can see the CCI Protection is unrestricted so that means I can copy freely it just MP does see the cablecard tuner. I see them as qam and the ones that are not for the USA.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was really only kidding about the bounty - I'd do it just for the technical challenge. :)
    However I do really need somebody with a Prime to help with testing.
    Do you have a Prime already, or were you planning to get one if/after MP supports CableCard tuners?

bc0508

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Yeah I have a prime with a cable card been using it with windows media center. I will be glad to test but it will be a couple days before i can mess with it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It would be truly fantastic if you could help. Looking forward to seeing you over in the other thread. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom