[ATI] HDMI Audio disconnected when MP turn monitor OFF (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Ok. Must try. But first cleaning home. Wife instruction . If not. You know the story lol

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    So. Tested this day dyring cleaning lol. I have try to all uncheck. And let windows manage the screen. The screen go off and the audio too.

Homey you use sound from hdmi on your dev machine ?
    Can you say me driver gpu driver ? And the hdmi audio driver.

Turn off monitor shutdown screen only if MP Screensaver is activated.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    Homey you use sound from hdmi on your dev machine ?
    Nope, only video (no speakers in my monitors).

HD4000 driver version is 10.18.10.3958 (30-9-2014), no audio driver (using onboard audio with 2.1 speaker setup).

Given the fact that i don't experience this problem on my HTPC (which does have both video + audio over HDMI > Receiver > HDMI Splitter >> TV + Projector), it might be a HDMI handshake issue.
    On my HTPC i always turn off the TV myself when listening to radio/music, and never had the audio stop.

But i was able to reproduce your problem on DEV, and there i don't have audio over HDMI.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    I use audio driver on hdmi connection..
    So your ATI card is also set in Windows as default audio device?
    That might explain it :) MP thinks your audio device is gone, but then again... That checkbox should have fixed that :/

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Yes. Hdmi is set as defaut card.
    I must try with winamp and look if monitor is shuting down.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    Yes. Hdmi is set as defaut card.
    Then i it's normal. You tell MP to turn of your monitor, which is listed as default audio device. So that means you remove/disable your default audio device and then the sounds stops.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Yes. I think. Vut i dont why i think audio & display was not sync.
    What do you mean ? :)

For sure, if screen goes to blank (screen saver) and we have Audio from HDMI, Windows remove the audio device and then MP stop playback (Radio/Music/Video) but only if the option 'stop playback when device audio is removed'.

If we uncheck this option, MP can lead to a crash because no more audio device and MP try to play something and in most of case, MP CRASH lol.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    I dont have crash ! [emoji6]
    But i think its not related to mp.
    Nobody have hdmi audio use ?
    Connected to tv or amp ?