[Remote] HDMI-CEC Support < 35€ (2 Viewers)

lightman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    any news or updates on this?

muellinger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2009
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just found this thread. It would be cool to hear any news about the development-Status.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Guess this still goes:
    Somehow it seems that there is no free / interested devs in the team - I would be interested, but I have my hands full of other things already so I cannot take the task. Any community devs who want to take a look?

springfield

March 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Well, it's basically done...you have project on the previous page with .mpe1 file. It supports basic functions. It would need some work on the settings screen, but that's just cosmetics. So feel free to try or even improve it if you're a coder.
    And as I said, I have no time for further development because I have other projects. So it would be nice if someone could takeover this project...as said...it only needs some cosmetic work and maybe some additional functions.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Support for HDMI-CEC using the RainShadow device is in the works. But don't hold your breath. I am very busy with work related stuff.

It's a more complex setup as it will be designed to accept not only commands inside MP but also controllable over the network (think IOS, Android here...). It will also feature a HDMI-CEC host that allows inter-vendor commands. Some sniffing of the commands is required here by the community for inter-vendor communication where the standard is not obeyed or extended. Can be easily extended via an XML file for upgrading or customization.

But as said, don't hold your breath. It will take some time until it's ready for a first community test...

Schicksal

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow! Using the TV remote would be so great.
    Is it possible with every TV?
    If not, is ist possible with sharp aquos link?

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is possible with every TV that accepts HDMI-CEC commands. Aquos Link is just the CEC implementation of Sharp.

Once I have the plugin in an Alpha state I need to collect commands from various manufacturer implementations to see where they do not obey the standard or where they extended it For that people just need to run an additional tool and answer some questions to collect data of the supported commands and how they work as I don't have access to devices beside my own.

The plugin will have the following main components (not all might be in the first version, though)
    - HDMI-CEC Receiver -> monitors CEC information from the HDMI interface.
    - HDMI-CEC Sender -> sends CEC command to one or multiple devices over the HDMI interface
    - Network Listener -> receives user configurable commands over the network
    - Network Sender -> sends user configuration commands over the network
    - Infra-Red Bridge -> user configurable commands can be translated to IR sequences and set send out over USB-IRT
    - Key-Mapping-Bridge -> Pressed Keys can trigger the sending of pre-defined commands over any of the interfaces
    - RS232 Bridge -> user configurable commands can be translate to other commands and send out over a serial interface (not sure if this will make the cut)
    - Home-Automation Bridge -> not planned yet as there are too many different implementations out there and I don't have access to the hardware.

The pre-defined commands can contain stuff like CEC, strings, IR Sequences, Key Presses, Program Execution etc. So in the end any computer/device in your setup should be controllable from one point that could be an IOS or Android device for example.

Or CEC-Only depends on what commands your TV or Receiver supports in sending to other devices. This will be the main limitation when it comes to CEC.

What drives me here is that I want to get rid off remote controls once and forever and control my AV setup by my HTPC with an iPad as a main interface. This includes my cable box (therefore the IR bridge).

I will not support the receiving of IR commands. If you want to translate IR to this plugin you will need something like EventGhost. I might provide an Event Ghost Plugin for the Network Listener/Sender at a later stage for IR only people once an 1.0 is out the door.

The main goal is this:
    Regardless what you use to control to MP, any action can automatically trigger the sending of HDMI-CEC command, IR Sequences or Network Commands. Yes, MP will understand CEC as well. For example if you turn off your TV or receiver, you can allow MP to automatically to go sleep.

If this goal can be achieved depends on what your hardware supports of course...

I am mainly working at the moment on making the configuration of this complex topic very user friendly. You can achieve all the stuff by a collection of other tools like EventGhost for example. But I find the setup to complicated therefore I want to integrate all this stuff in one control plugin designed for MP.

But don't hold your breath. The first beta should be available in late Autumn.

Last edited:

Malard

Portal Member
    October 12, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    WMC Beta is available by emailing us, we expect to go public in the next couple of weeks. We're ready to integrate into MC, but we have as yet not had the developer resource to do it[DOUBLEPOST=1342192938][/DOUBLEPOST]see the blog post at www.pulse-eight.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom