[Remote] HDMI-CEC Support < 35€ (2 Viewers)

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi,

Thx for the plugin - it works very good with my Samsung, but some Buttons (Play, Pause, Stop etc.) doesn't work. But it seems that the TV doesn't transmit them over the HDMI cable. So this is not a problem with the Plugin itself.

Big thx for your work

You're welcome. I also think the problem is most likely that TV's don't send all buttons or libcec doesn't understand those commands, and it is easy to confirm with Pulse Eight tools. Also changing the device type (you have to click "save settings", so that the adapter reconnects) could help. It's also possible that there is some options in the Anynet/VieraLink/BraviaSync/etc. settings that allows you to choose which buttons are sent.

BTW, testing other versions of libcec is possible, just copy libcec.dll and LibCecSharp.dll to %plugins%/process/LibCecSharp/ .

xetic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 29, 2010
    Bonn/Alfter
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok i have test it with the new libcec.dll...
    sometimes the buttons work or not! :( i dont don't no why?

other problem... with the new libcec.dll in the plugin:
    on the start from MP the plugin switch the input from my AVR. Can i take this off?

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have also done some testing.

Testing of not working buttons with pulse-eight cec-gui:
    It seems that my TV does not send the not working buttons. While pressing the buttons there is nothing in the log.

New libcec.dll:
    For me it works. I have seen no problems

double recognized button presses:
    Within the plugin config GUI I have seen that every double recognized press contains a short one and a "normal" one.
    The short one is always shorter than 30 ms.
    Is it possible to implement a feature to ignore the short ones?

sleep- wakeup-behaviour:
    Here I have to do more testing. But I have seen, that my TV is not switched of when MePo goes to standby.
    It also seems that there are some problems with reconnecting after standby. But I have to analyse this deeper.

Last edited:

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    megahorst said:
    double recognized button presses:
    Within the plugin config GUI I have seen that every double recognized press contains a short one and a "normal" one.
    The short one is always shorter than 30 ms.
    Is it possible to implement a feature to ignore the short ones?

Yes it is possible to filter them out, I will include option for it in the next version with adjustable limit.

megahorst said:
    sleep- wakeup-behaviour:
    Here I have to do more testing. But I have seen, that my TV is not switched of when MePo goes to standby.
    It also seems that there are some problems with reconnecting after standby. But I have to analyse this deeper.

Switching off TV in exit/standby is not yet supported. Probably added also to next version. However reconnecting should work and works for me without problems. There is log messages when connecting/disconnecting (debug level).

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    thank you for your plugin @Tuomaa
    It is working quite well with my Samsung TV, but Play/Pause (are the same) and Stop are not recognized by your plugin although they are logged in the CEC-tool:
    Code:
    Play/Pause button:
    DEBUG:              48799 FRAME_START initiator:0 destination:1 ack:low
    DEBUG:              48822 FRAME_DATA 41
    DEBUG:              48879 FRAME_DATA 24 eom
    TRAFFIC:            48880 >> 01:41:24
    NOTICE:              48881 >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): play (41)
    Stop button:
    DEBUG:              51249 FRAME_START initiator:0 destination:1 ack:low
    DEBUG:              51281 FRAME_DATA 42
    DEBUG:              51339 FRAME_DATA 03 eom
    TRAFFIC:            51340 >> 01:42:03
    NOTICE:              51342 >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): deck control (42)

I have also some hard times with your Fast Skip feature. Either it will always fast skip (one button press leads to -> one step, short pause, several steps) or it won't fast skip ever at all, according to the settings I apply in the config. I would have expected, that your tool looks for a button press and performs the corresponding step and if the button release won't follow in a defined time it would fast skip? Or am I just not getting the right timings in your plugin configuration?
    Code:
    down button pressed:
    DEBUG:              54699 FRAME_START initiator:0 destination:1 ack:low
    DEBUG:              54742 FRAME_DATA 44
    DEBUG:              54799 FRAME_DATA 02 eom
    TRAFFIC:            54800 >> 01:44:02
    NOTICE:              54803 >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): user control pressed (44)
    DEBUG:              54805 key pressed: down (2)
    down button released:
    DEBUG:              55731 FRAME_START initiator:0 destination:1 ack:low
    DEBUG:              55789 FRAME_DATA 45 eom
    TRAFFIC:            55790 >> 01:45
    NOTICE:              55794 >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): user control release (45)
    DEBUG:              55798 key released: down (2)

Better example:
    TRAFFIC:            201912 >> 01:44:04
    NOTICE:             201923 >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): user control pressed (44)
    TRAFFIC:            202932 >> 01:44:04
    NOTICE:             202943 >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): user control pressed (44)
    TRAFFIC:            203372 >> 01:44:04
    NOTICE:             203384 >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): user control pressed (44)
    TRAFFIC:            203798 >> 01:44:04
    NOTICE:             203809 >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): user control pressed (44)
    TRAFFIC:            204217 >> 01:44:04
    NOTICE:             204228 >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): user control pressed (44)
    TRAFFIC:            204647 >> 01:45
    NOTICE:             204659 >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): user control release (45)

Nevertheless I really appreciate your work, thanks! (y)

Last edited:

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,
    thank you for your plugin @Tuomaa
    It is working quite well with my Samsung TV, but Play/Pause (are the same) and Stop are not recognized by your plugin although they are logged in the CEC-tool...!

Hi, really helpful logs. It seems so, that your Samsung sends Play/Pause/Stop using Cec-commands instead of user controls. For some reason I did not get those command callbacks working earlier, but with new libcec it seems to function. That makes also implementing more decent "fast scrolling" possible. I have to see if I have some time over the weekend to test this.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did some tests with reconnecting the adapter.

What works for me:
    changing source at tv set and change back to MePo port
    switch of tv and switch on

In these cases the plugin does reconnect.

What does not work:
    PC goes to standby and wakes up
    In this case the adapter does not reconnect.
    I saw an exeption in the log and entries in the error.log

After a restart of MePo the reconnecting works again

I found some other issues:
    • My Remote sends a Button "Max" Keycode 118. I did not find a way to map a action to this button
    • I'm using the screencontroll plugin to show a screensaver while playing music or listening to radio. My CEC remote does not end the screensaver. Only my keyboard does.

Last edited:

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    @Tuomaa: Any news about this?

THX Megahorst

The new version is not ready yet. You can test the "alpha" version though if you want -> http://cecremote.googlecode.com/files/CecRemote-0-8-2-alpha.mpe1
    It seems also that the C# version of libcec is not up-to-date, for example the Button "Max" you mentioned, has the same key code with "Data". And some of the deck control codes (for Samsung play/pause) are missing too.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great!!!
    I will test when I'm back from holyday.
    Do you have implemnted new features?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom