[Remote] HDMI-CEC Support < 35€ (3 Viewers)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    I have found a 34€ HDMI-CEC to USB-Bridge in the internet.

Pulse-Eight. Control your TV from XBMC, or vice versa! USB - CEC Adapter

The vedor is willing to support MePo if one of the developers contacts him.

Hi Markus,

We do plan to try and support this software although right now we only have the resources to focus on the library itself and XBMC integration, you are welcome to contact the developers and get them to engage with us,

As soon as we have completed a .net wrapper integration should be very simple for them or us to do and we would expect to get it sorted before the end of this year

Thanks

Martin
    - Zitierten Text anzeigen -
    --
    Martin Ellis

Technical Director
    Pulse-Eight Limited

Perhaps some of you is willing to support this. I think many MePo users would like such a device.

BR,
    Megahorst

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This is very intriguing. If I understand this correctly, you could, for instance, tell your TV to turn off via MediaPortal, but, if the TV supports it, also control MediaPortal via the regular TV remote (via HDMI-CEC)?

Malard

Portal Member
    October 12, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes that is correct, there are more advanced things you can do, such as pass volume control directly to the amp instead of the TV and have Blu-Ray drive automatically take over if you wanted, i.e. you can get status reports from the blu-ray player to know if a disk is in the drive, if so and MP doesnt have a blu-ray player connected then it would just switch inputs for the duration of the movie, and pass controls from your HTPC remote to the blu-ray drive instead. I.e. making the entire experience transparent

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Btw. how do I know if this is supported by my TV? For instance the manual of my LG 26LE5500 says
    WATCHING TV / PROGRAMME CONTROL
    SIMPLINK
    This function operates only with devices with the SIMPLINK logo.
    Please check the SIMPLINK logo.
    This TV might not function properly when using it with other products with HDMI-CEC function.
    This allows you to control and play other AV devices connected to the display through HDMI cable with-
    out additional cables and settings.
    Though Wikipedia says that "SimpLink" is only the tradename of LG for the HDMI-CEC functionality.

Malard

Portal Member
    October 12, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Btw. how do I know if this is supported by my TV? For instance the manual of my LG 26LE5500 says
    WATCHING TV / PROGRAMME CONTROL
    SIMPLINK
    This function operates only with devices with the SIMPLINK logo.
    Please check the SIMPLINK logo.
    This TV might not function properly when using it with other products with HDMI-CEC function.
    This allows you to control and play other AV devices connected to the display through HDMI cable with-
    out additional cables and settings.

SimpLink is supported with our device

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    SimpLink is supported with our device
    Thx :)

Another question: you would actually have 2 HDMI connections from the (HT)PC to the TV then, is that correct? One for the actual image output of the video card and the other one to communicate between the TV and the PC via the PulseEight USB-CEC Adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom