[Remote] HDMI-CEC Support < 35€ (1 Viewer)

xetic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 29, 2010
    Bonn/Alfter
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think i had the problem with MP 1.3.0... but after return to 1.2.3 it is ok!

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did some more testing.
    Still MePo 1.23 und plugin version 0.82 alpha.
    MePo crashes nearly everytime after wakeup for a recording and sometimes after manual wakeup.

I can't find errors within the logfiles.
    Windows says that MePo does not work anymore and that process-id=0x44cc thread-id= 0x7c0 [1984] raises an error.

BTW: would it be a good idea to open a thread in the plugin section to make the plugin more populare?

Attachments

• image.png
      image.png
      27 KB
    Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some testresults again:
    I have mentioned, that the pc wakes up, when the tv is switched to hdmi 1. But only to hdmi 1. The plugin does not care about the setting in the configuration. When the pc is connnected to hdmi 2 the pc does only wake up when switching to hdmi 1.
    The crashes: It seems to me, that MePo is always chrashing, whe the pc wakes up and the tv is switched of.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I did some more testing...

I'm unable to reproduce any of these crashes. What do you actually mean with wake up? Wake up from sleep using your TV's remote? And how is wake up for a recording achieved? With PowerScheduler?

Some testresults again...

Wake-on-cec has nothing to do with the plugin. It's Cec-Adapter's feature that should work even if the plugin is uninstalled. Maybe HDMI-control/power is disabled for other inputs in your TV's settings.

Last edited:

xetic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 29, 2010
    Bonn/Alfter
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For wake-on-cec with my Panasonic TV, i must select the cec adapter...
    when TV is turning on, they don't wake my htpc automatically

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did some more testing...

I'm unable to reproduce any of these crashes. What do you actually mean with wake up? Wake up from sleep using your TV's remote? And how is wake up for a recording achieved? With PowerScheduler?

Some testresults again...

Wake-on-cec has nothing to do with the plugin. It's Cec-Adapter's feature that should work even if the plugin is uninstalled. Maybe HDMI-control/power is disabled for other inputs in your TV's settings.

Strange ...
    wakeup for a recording is done with PowerScheduler
    manual wakeup is either done by hdmi cec wakeup or by pressing the power button of the pc

Last edited:

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Strange ...
    wakeup for a recording is done with PowerScheduler
    manual wakeup is either done by hdmi cec wakeup or by pressing the power button of the pc

OK. Are you sure there is nothing in the logs? You could post some anyway, also with extensive logging checked from Power Scheduler's settings.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK. Are you sure there is nothing in the logs? You could post some anyway, also with extensive logging checked from Power Scheduler's settings.

You are right. My mistake. I found an exception in the error.log.

Code:
    2012-11-08 19:32:47.908080 [ERROR][(37)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2012-11-08 19:32:48.054088 [ERROR][(37)]: Exception System.ArgumentNullException: Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein. Parametername: value bei System.String..ctor(SByte* value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) bei CecSharp.CecCallbackMethods.CecAlertManaged(libcec_alert alert, libcec_parameter* data)
    2012-11-08 19:32:48.063089 [ERROR][(37)]: Exception der Wert darf nicht NULL sein. Parametername: value
    2012-11-08 19:32:48.071089 [ERROR][(37)]: site :Void .ctor(SByte*, Int32, Int32)
    2012-11-08 19:32:48.079090 [ERROR][(37)]: source :mscorlib
    2012-11-08 19:32:48.087090 [ERROR][(37)]: stacktrace: bei System.String..ctor(SByte* value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) bei CecSharp.CecCallbackMethods.CecAlertManaged(libcec_alert alert, libcec_parameter* data)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom