HDMI - Screen Resizing Issue (1 Viewer)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
My HTPC is connected as follows: HTPC - HDMI - AMP - HDMI - TV (1080p)

MP1.4 fixed the issue whereby if the TV was turned off and then turned on again MP would only be resized to fill only 1/4 of the screen :)

Unfortunately the problem has returned with MP 1.5 pre-release but it's a bit different. I can't take a screenshot at the moment so I will try to explain - image MP Home is split into 1/4's - now when the TV is turned on MP is zoomed in to the point that the screen is filled with the top left 1/4 of the Home screen which requires closing MP and the restarting it.

Let me know if there's any additional info I can provide that will help.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Bleazle, as allways, please provide a debug Level log and a screenshot or quick Picture from the TV Screen would make it easier to understand.

wupperi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2007
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Bleazle, as allways, please provide a debug Level log and a screenshot or quick Picture from the TV Screen would make it easier to understand.

Same issue here. Other than before Srtg-enter on and off doesn't resizing as it did before 1.4.
    I will try to attach logs later.

EDIT: I cannot provide logs, I cannot reproduce. I can just try to explain the problem a bit better.
    This is a client/server setup. When I send my client to S3, from watching a TV programme all is fine. From time to time when I wake up the client, my MePo is still fullscreen, but in my 720x1080 Screen only the top left 25% of the normal MePo screen is shown, but fullsize, like magnified by 4. Using STRG-Enter I can toggle between Window Mode (view then is normal) and fullscreen mode (magnified again).
    As said, the only way to get Mepo back to normal is stop/start the mepo on the client.

Last edited:

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It looks like the problem has been resolved by changing the screen text setting from 150% to 125%.

wupperi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2007
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Where exactly did you change the text setting? I still suffer from this issue from time to time after S3 wakeup. Logs don't show anything, but Mepo seems to be 4x as large as normal and hence the screen is only filled with 1/4 of the normal mepo screen.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right click on the Desktop > Personalize > Display (left hand side) > and change Large 150% to Medium 125. I can confirm that this has sorted the problem for me.

Henselmans

January 19, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Right click on the Desktop > Personalize > Display (left hand side) > and change Large 150% to Medium 125. I can confirm that this has sorted the problem for me.

I am using Mediaportal for about 4 years now. With previous versions of Mediaportal, the screen resize issue occurred when switching from another HDMI channel back to the HDMI with Mediaportal connected. I solved this with this Regedit change:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/windows-7-half-fullscreen.71785/page-26#post-728795

This week I bought a new LED tv (UE55F6500) and the problem came back again in a different way. Everytime I started a new movie or video file (which activates the dynamic refresh rate), the mediaportal window resized to 1280x720 in the upper left corner. I had to close and restart Mediaportal to get rid of the resize problem. When playing movies I watched before, it didn't happen :confused:

After a few hours searching I found this post which did the trick. Thanks Bleazle for sharing!

Software configuration: Mediaportal 1.5 / StreamedMP skin / Windows 8.1
    Hardware configuration: Asus M4A88T-M motherboard / AMD Athlon 64 X2 / Internal graphics HD4200 / HDMI1.4 cable / UE55F6500 LED TV

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom