HDTV STB capture options? (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No worries. :)
    I'll be working on the code anyway, so by that time I may have something more "polished" for you to test.

mm

deskwizard

Portal Member
    April 12, 2010
    St-Hubert
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

Thanks for taking it this way!
    I still have other problems with MP that I need solved.

For some reason, blasting works when I test it, but not when I request channel change from MP.
    I'm sure I read something about this somewhere around here, just have to find it again!
    I got my guide working though with mc2xml! Okay okay... it wasn't my first time setting it up .... :p

Keep up the good work!

DW

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I got my guide working though with mc2xml! Okay okay... it wasn't my first time setting it up ....
    I'll bet! :D
    Adding channels is something I'm going to try and improve as a second phase of this "project". How would you feel about the ability to add the channels that are included in a regular XMLTV file?

deskwizard

Portal Member
    April 12, 2010
    St-Hubert
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Good morning!

How would you feel about the ability to add the channels that are included in a regular XMLTV file?

I actually have to answer that question? :p that would be amazing! think of all the time we'd save!

I think that the hardest part would be setting the right inpt for the channels, but that is just me.. God knows I'm no MP programmer of any kind of programmer for that matter :p

Have a nice day!

DW

bigjohn

Portal Member
    June 27, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Good morning!

How would you feel about the ability to add the channels that are included in a regular XMLTV file?

I actually have to answer that question? :p that would be amazing! think of all the time we'd save!

I think that the hardest part would be setting the right inpt for the channels, but that is just me.. God knows I'm no MP programmer of any kind of programmer for that matter :p

Have a nice day!

DW
    Hey -
    Just a thoug here on guide data.
    here in the states is a service called "schedules direct". It was set up by some guys who use the same Replay TV pvr that I'm coming from.
    There is also a local "run at home" service called Wirns that allows you to edit your guide. It's more designed for Replay TV, but those guys might be able to help(?) improve guide delivery for these platforms... see the WIRNS forum on planetreplay.com

I mean, no point re-inventing a wheel, right?

EDIT: Hey! WTF? The forum here says I'm 49? I don't FEEL 49... Damn, I swear my 35th birthday was just the other day...

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    Sorry for digging out that old thread, but I have also a c027 laying around here.
    Do we have still progress on that front?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yep, all DirectShow compatible capture cards (which should include the c027 AFAIK) are supported in TVE 3.5 (MP2 Native TV). I'd be interested to hear results if you decide to try it, as that feature hasn't been tested by many people. Note that you can install MP1 + TV Server on the same PC as MP2 client + server. Just have to stop TV Server (TVE 3) before switching to MP2.

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    Yep, all DirectShow compatible capture cards (which should include the c027 AFAIK) are supported in TVE 3.5 (MP2 Native TV). I'd be interested to hear results if you decide to try it, as that feature hasn't been tested by many people. Note that you can install MP1 + TV Server on the same PC as MP2 client + server. Just have to stop TV Server (TVE 3) before switching to MP2.
    Thank you.

Well, now I have to decide if this old, grumpy dog can learn new tricks.
    Not sure about that one(n)
    I mean it took me forever to make my MP1 work the way it should, for me at least. If the pace will be the same with MP2 I might have it working on my 100st birthday.
    Anyway, thanks for explaining, MM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom