Heads Up - TheTVDB.com not completely reliable (1 Viewer)

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
December 21, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I didn't know where to put this as TheTVDB can be used for both MP1 and MP2.

For my daughter I have Doc McStuffns (kids TV Series) episodes, Season 01 and Season 02. Tried to use FileBot to rename them in a recognisable format for which it uses TheTVDB.com website.

When I entered the Series name, Doc McStuffins, it populated the entries ready to rename my files, but they completely conflicted both IMDb.com and names of the files that I already had - on every episode. When viewing the file episodes, the titles that appeared within the show matched the title of the file and IMDb.com.

Had I renamed from TheTVDB/FileBot, it would have messed up all the files completely.

Just thought I'd let you know to double check before going ahead and renaming.

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Sorry, but whe it comes to TV Series IMDB is completely... hmm.. unreliable.
    Guys on thetvdb are trying to use official sources as episode data which is the best way.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    TheTVDB.com is your most reliable source - period - most likely it's your original naming/numbering from IMDB/broadcast sources are incorrect, so the attempt to correct that by FileBot has may have just amplified the issue.

MANY of us use the TheTVDB.com daily without issue [not claiming it's perfect............. BUT generally 'tis :cool:

TTFN - JCMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom