HeadWeb - online movie rental (nordic countries) Updated 17.06.2012 (1 Viewer)

u28151

Portal Pro
March 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
...and now we are close to a 1.4.0 release. Any chance of updating this gr8 plugin for that? And as requested earlier, I would love to see Titan integration :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

Please test the attached version with support for Titan. It's not all polished up and stuff, but should work with MP from version 1.2 to 1.4.

I'll do some work to get default skins up to date as well, but they're really a moving target these days :rolleyes:

Attachments

• HeadWeb0.0.1.163.mpe1
      517.8 KB
    Last edited:

WsQ

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2008
    Kangasala
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Would it be possible to add some Trakt integration? At least it would be nice to have the watched information sent to Trakt.

Also, I think that the rate-dialog crashes MP.

I would also like if I could set the default subtitle language somewhere.

Last edited:

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I just recently started to use this plugin and I'm very excited that someone has created a plugin for HeadWeb, thank you!
    Unfortunately I'm experiencing some problems. I'm using Titan skin if that matters and HeadWeb0.0.1.163.

First I have not setup HeadWeb to auto login when starting MP so when I start the plugin and try to login through the menu using my keyboard or remote I'm unable to reach the login button I have ot use the mouse to access it.

Next if I try to rent a movie using SMS the dialog displayed tells me this:

SMS Purchase, .
    To purchase this move, send
    "" to number ""
    You will receive a SMS with a code.

As you can tell the vital information is missing. I can of course work around this by renting the movie through the official website but that kind of defeats the purpose of the plugin.

The third and currently the biggest problem is that after an hour or so the movie stops the screen exits out to the previous menu.
    I would then have to start the movie again but as the fastforward isn't working very well I have for now just watched the rest of the movie from the website.

Please advice!

WsQ

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2008
    Kangasala
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    The third and currently the biggest problem is that after an hour or so the movie stops the screen exits out to the previous menu.
    I would then have to start the movie again but as the fastforward isn't working very well I have for now just watched the rest of the movie from the website.

I have also been frustrated by this. It doesn't always happen but more often than not it does.

Btw is anyone actively developing this plugin?

Aros62

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, pilehave has not been seen since October here at the forum so I guess he has lost interest in the project, which is very very sad.
    Is there anyone else who can take over the development and fix the most urgent bugs?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Sorry for being absent for so long, the fix for the "hard to get to" login button is trivial and is caused by the now obsolete togglebutton for HD movies.

Change
    Code:
    togglebutton
    to
    Code:
    checkbutton
    on the button with ID 10 in skin-file HeadWeb.xml and save the file.

I will try and look into the playback issues soon, but it's based on OnlineVideos rtpm-playback which can be a bit picky - even though I never had any issue myself.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    As for the SMS rental I have the same issues, response from the server is

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <response country="dk" lang="da" session="true" username="pilehave" version="4">
    <purchase id="18069020">
    <state>verify</state>
    <retry>500</retry>
    </purchase>
    </response>

which isn't a proper response according to the API documentation. I COULD contact HeadWeb, but I think it will take some time to get a response...

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Any chance for making this fine plugin compatible with 1.7?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi @pilehave , I've noticed your activity in the MPUrlSourceFliter/Splitter thread. Does this imply a new version of this plug in? :p I really miss it... :(
    Have you been able to get hold of a newer version of API documentation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom