Headweb plugin? (1 Viewer)

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
Bumping this since it's an excellent idea :) AFAIK there are several sites like Headweb, so is headweb a good/the best option, or just the only one with a public API?

mariusau

Portal Pro
July 27, 2008
Trondheim
Home Country
Norway Norway
Re: Headweb VideoOnDemand plugin?

I've finally gotten around to test Headweb, and I'm sure this would be a popular addition to Mediaportal as it would provide an alternative to illegal downloads and I have more than enough DVDcovers taking up space.

Anyone got the time and programming know-how to look into this?

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
How about Voddler, they left a XBMC GUI for a web GUI afaik. How is that compared with Headweb? I don't know, but it would be nice to see someone picking up on these type of services. Dunno if the payment part might be a problem...

mariusau

Portal Pro
July 27, 2008
Trondheim
Home Country
Norway Norway
I haven't tested Voddler (although I think I have an account), but Headweb has got some good testresults. One test here: Lyd&Bilde Spesielt anbefalt

Payment might be a challenge, but I can't see a videostreaming service surviving for long without payment.

In my opinion a plugin for streaming of movies and a Wimp-plugin would make MP just about perfect :D

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Headweb would be a better option than Voddler. Better API, better videoquality and looks like better support for developers. Using the API it should be possible to code something useful - I'm not up to the task however...

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    How is the audio on these services? Do they have 5.1 surround? One thing that would be cool would be an implementation of Zune, but doubt MS is up for that quite yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom