HELP! Causes Error and Crashes! (1 Viewer)

pbennett45

September 19, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey All,

Sorry for the life-or-death style thead title :) I installed MP on a brand new, cleanly isntalled and updated copy of Win2K. MythTV was giving me hardware problems (nvidia personal cinema apparently doesn't play well with it) so I was very happy to find this software.

But I can't even start it... I get that "Media portal has caused an error, send this error to microsoft?" style crash when I try to start it... Not sure what is going on.. has anyone seen this error? Might be able to help me with it? Thanx a ton!

-Paul

roosterx

Portal Pro
April 24, 2006
Högsäter, Sweden
Home Country
Norway Norway
Actually i've had that one 4-5 times, all these times i used svn updates, and svn updates *on* svn updated MP, but what my solution were the last time (2 days or so ago), i just got the svn that were one day older.

pbennett45

September 19, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanx. I'll try that tonight. Also, I just noticed the install instuctions for the SVNs.... step 2. install .net framework 2.0. When I installed the released version of media portal initially it detected that I didn't have that, and I THOUGHT it installed it for me? Was that not the case? I'd imagine that's my problem if I was mistaken about that....

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom