Codecs Help changing audio track with SAF 5.0 (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,
    So I want to change the audio track of a movie that I have packaged as a mkv. I'm running 1.2.1 mediaportal and the SAF 5.0 unlocked version (it is an old beta). Everything works well, except now I need to change the audio track of a movie. The instructions say to
    "+press CTRL+ALT+nunlock1 for next audio streams"

The problem is that I don't know what nunlock1 button is. Also I am using a keyboard that does not have the 10 digit number key pad (it is a portable wireless one).

IS there a way I can change the key commands that will rotate through the audio streams? Is there a way to use the OSD to cycle through them?

Thanks
    Steve

matpe

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have always used the “A” key on the keyboard, if you have a mouse you can “right click” on the screen to bring up an action menu.
    Take a look in the MP Config, General, Keyboard Default Shortcuts.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Thanks for the help. I am using moving pictures to play the film that I am having a problem with. It seems that it has a German voice over dub and an english track. When I play the movie with VLC, I can select each tract individually, however when I play it in media portal it seems to play them both at the same time. I think that there are 2 tracks because of this, but for some reason they ae both getting played on top of each other. This only happens with this movie that I have (downloaded from the net). I suspect that it has each track identified as the primary one? It is an avi file. Why wold VLC play it correctly if it only had 1 audio stream that had 2 languages on top of each other?

I tried using the A Key (should have mentioned this in my first post) to no avail. The right click on my mouse only brings up selections about video processing and nothing from there leads to audio track selection.

The config general section does list the A key to swith between the audio streams, however since I am using SAF 5.0 it seems to be the thing that I should be used to change audio streams. I got the "press CTRL+ALT+nunlock1 for next audio streams" from the SAF discussions.

Any thing else I can try to fix this?

Thanks again for trying to help me.

Steve

matpe

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You can try to play it in MPC-HC and GraphStudio to check how it works.
    But I think you should upgrade to SAF 6, it has a better splitter.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Playing it in MPC-HC and GraphStudio is a good idea but will this tell me if there are 2 audio streams? I'll try it and see.

I like to have the most up to date stuff, but sometimes I worry that I have something that works really well now (except for this one thing) so what problems will I have if I upgrade to SAF6?

Maybe hoborg could take a stab at this one?

Thanks again

Steve

matpe

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I don’t know much about your Integrated HD4250, but I think it should work ok with SAF6, and you can always go back ;-)
    It can also be something strange with the file, and in the first post you wrote MKV, but in a later post AVI?
    Is it a big file, or could you make a sample?

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Sorry about that mkv avi mix up. It is a avi file. It is 1.5gb. So I guess it is small compared to some bluray rips. How would I make a sample?

You are right I could just give SAF 6 a try, but how would I go back if it caused me problems? Create a restore point and just roll back?

Steve

matpe

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just uninstall, and install saf5 again, and if you want you can write down all your settings in MP.
    Hoborg and others have mentioned MKVmerge, but i have never used it!

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    It is not nunlock but numpad 1 - "1" on numerical keyboard :)

So it is CTRL+ALT+NUMPAD1

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    So Thanks both of you for the help. I installed the SAF 6.0 and was first very excited as the "A" key started switching between audio streams, then really disappointed as video was very jumpy. I tried the settings that were given at the beginning of the thread that explains SAF 6 by Hoborg. I then opened up FFDshow video decoder settings and unchecked the resize and aspect box. From there on it was smooth and perfect.

Thanks for all of your help

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom