[help!!!]i can't play any video (1 Viewer)

K3yserSoze

December 15, 2007
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3
MediaPortal Skin: any
Windows Version: windows XP
CPU Type: 2,6ghz
HDD: 100Gb
Memory:
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver: 128Mb ati
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: attually ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffd
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

the problem is very simple.. any tipe of video that i try to play, it don't start, nothing i tryed "p" "enter" manually with mouse.. it doesn't play:mad:, nothing .. if i try to run with external player i can play it. i have change skin, i try to install any tipe of codec.. i have changed video card... reinstalled mp 10 times.. but nothing i cant play any movies.... if i tray with dvd... it try to start but start full black screen and stop.. the cursor of mouse and nothing else, no command go, only alt-ctrl-del end close mp drastically

i have tryed to run mp in my notebook with vista and i have no problem... unfurtunatly this notebook is for university, i have to "study":D ...and it has no tv exit

if there is someone that can help me....:D
if i have send in the wrong topic:oops: ...:sorry:

good bye...

... sorry for my bud english...

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello K3yserSoze,

have you enabled DirectX exclusive mode or EVR ? (Configuration -> DirectShow Filter Control -> Video Mixing Renderer 9 Settings / Enhanced Video Renderer Settings)

-level20peon

K3yserSoze

December 15, 2007
    so now I have this setting (see impostazioni.jpg for vmr9) and for enhanced video renderer the square was empity

it is good or what i have to do?:D

Fab55

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I tried the SVN from the 17th December.
    I recorded some TV movies.
    I can see them in 'my records'
    But every time I try to play, nothing happens.. no picture, no audio, nothing...Live tv and timeshift is no problem.
    Any hints?

I wonder, why the format of the video files is dvr-ms. Is this correct? Or should it be '.ts'?
    Can switch it? I'm NOT using the TV-Server at the moment...

Thank You!
    Fabian

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    K3yserSoze, which version of FFDShow have you installed ?

You can download the latest version here.

Make sure you select "Do not limit" during installation of ffdshow for video AND audio to ensure that the codec is used within MediaPortal. Also make sure to klick on "decode the following video formats with ffdshow" AND "decode the following audio formats with ffdshow".

Also: What do you have selected in MediaPortal Configuration -> Movies -> Movie Player -> Audio renderer ?

EDIT: Have you installed the .net Framework 2.0 ?

-level20peon

MrPaulo

Portal Member
    December 3, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    K3yserSoze, I had a similar issue at one point after an upgarde of MP. Videos just wouldn't play (but TV was fine). I fixed it by reinstalling the codecs I think. I think somehow Mediaportal had dropped of a list of being allowed to use the required codec.

I can't remember exactly what fixed it, but it was a reinstall of something - given you've already reinstalled MP, it must be the codec.

So the advice from level20peon might solve it for you - make sure to use the don't restrict option, or ensure MP is in the "OK" list.

Cheers,
    Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom