HELP! Jerky panning (1 Viewer)

glenb83

Portal Pro
April 24, 2009
Home Country
Hi All,

Im having problems with most of my videos being jerky during panning (side panning and up/down panning). Funnily enough, I don't seem to have this problem in Live TV...

My system spec is below:

Q6600 Quad Core cpu
3GB DDR2 Ram
250GB HDD (all media streamed from an external freenas server)
Leadtek 1GB GT430 video card

I use LAV Filters for audio and video with the hardware deinterlacing option enabled for CUDA in the video properties. I use the EVR Renderer.

I have setup Automatic Refresh Rate Changer and Media Portal Audio Renderer in the default ways, but I still get the jerkyness. Is it possibly an issue with my tv? It supports 30Hz interlaced, 50 and 60Hz progressive. 90% of my stuff is 50Hz content, with some 60Hz but haven't really noticed anything that needs 30Hz.

Has anyone got some suggestions for making the playback smoother based on the above? I am happy to provide any necessary additional info and to try any suggestions, I just really want this fixed because EVERYTHING else I have setup including MP itself is perfect for me!

Thanks!

logifuse

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Sydney
Home Country
The problem you'll be having is with 23.976 content (maybe some 29.97). Like you, my TV can't do 24 (or 23.976) Hz, so the next best option is 59 (really 59.94) Hz as that is 2:3 pull up (every 1st frame is doubled, every 2nd is tripled). That won't be perfectly smooth, but it will be closer than for 60Hz where there needs to be a catch up frame every so often.

For ARRC, I'd separate 23.976 content from 24. Have categories for 23.976/29.97/59.94 to switch to 59, 24/30/60 to switch to 60 & 25/50 for 50 (& as default). You might need to set force refresh rate change if you're not sure it's changing.

When the content is playing, on a keyboard press shift 1 to bring up the stats (shift 1 to turn them off again). 50Hz should have a flat red line, 59Hz should have an even looking up & down all along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom