Help me pick a case (OriginAE?) (1 Viewer)

DiscoPanda

Portal Member
September 13, 2008
Country flag
Finally ready to pull the trigger on this but have a few questions.

Does anyone have a the S14v case from OriginAE? I'm concerned about the noise from the twin 60mm fans. Are these noisy?

Could I get away with not using these fans? I was hoping I could just use the mini-ninja CPU fan to blow towards the back of the case. Workable?

I already have an Nvidia 8600GTS with a Zalman cooler on it so thats one fan.

E8600 CPU with the Scythe Mini Ninja

I am also 99% sure I'm buying the Nexus Value 430 PSU

Comments and suggestions? :D

Cetra

Portal Member
May 9, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a S10V case which uses 4 of the 60mm fans. The fans are virtually silent even at full RPM. You might be able to get away with not using the 60mm exhaust fans but I don't think you are going to run into a noise issue using them.

bryanoak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 21, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've got an S14V and the fans are near silent. In total there are 5 fans running: 2 Origenae exhaust fans, Origenae HDD fan, the power supply fan, the CPU fan on a Ninja Mini, and frankly my blu-ray drive is louder than any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have the silverstone GD07B and I really like it. No front memory card reader. It takes 2x front 5.25" and a lot of 3.5" drives. The only bad point is the bottom mounted filter is a HUGE pain to remove for cleaning.
    I have the silverstone GD07B and I really like it. No front memory card reader. It takes 2x front 5.25" and a lot of 3.5" drives...
    Hello there, my amplifier is 171 mm (H): 435 mm (W): 393 mm (D) and I am looking for a HTPC case which is a similar width and depth...
    Replies
    Views
    Doesn't have to be too detailed just a description of what you did, how you did and some photos of the process / showing off the build process / final result :D
    Doesn't have to be too detailed just a description of what you did, how you did and some photos of the process / showing off the...
    Decided a while ago to try and build myself a case to go with other furniture (reclaimed oak, in big lumps) and have now got a...
    Replies
    Views
    Construction took about six months. Technical specifications: - Motherboard model : Intel® Desktop Board DH57JG visit on page - Processor model : Intel® Core® i3 Processor 540 (73W) (This was not a good choice :-) ) visit on page - Ram memory : A-DATA DDR3 4GB 1333 (2 x 2 Gb kit) - SSD Disk : 64 Gb SSDNow V100 visit on page - Case...
    Construction took about six months. Technical specifications: - Motherboard model : Intel® Desktop Board DH57JG visit on page -...
    Construction took about six months. Technical specifications: - Motherboard model : Intel® Desktop Board DH57JG visit on page -...
    Replies
    Views
    At daylight the contrast and the "blackness" of black isn't the best compared to the plasma, but I think thats obvious. But at night, at full light; boy, the colors are stunning :) Before I bought my projector I wasn't sure if I'll buy an 3D LCD LED 46" from Samsung or the said Projector, but I'm glad I've chosen the projector...
    At daylight the contrast and the "blackness" of black isn't the best compared to the plasma, but I think thats obvious. But at...
    After 3 years of "just reading" in this board it's time to present my own system which grew by the support of this community (thank...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi there, I thought I would post here as a place holder for a little project that I have started. :) Like most people over time you tweak your setup. I started off running the following: Antec Fusion case Earthworks 380W PSU Antect Tricool case fan 2 x Hauppage Nova S2 Tuners AMD 705e CPU Scythe Mini Ninja (passive)...
    Hi there, I thought I would post here as a place holder for a little project that I have started. :) Like most people over...
    Hi there, I thought I would post here as a place holder for a little project that I have started. :) Like most people over...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom