Help - MP freezes when playing any video (1 Viewer)

royverkuylen

Portal Member
December 20, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP 1.6.10.2910
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home 64-bit
CPU Type: AMD Athlon X250
Motherboard: Asrock 880GMH/USB3
Video Card: Asus EAH5550 SILENT/G/DI/1GD2
Video Card Driver: ATI Catalyst 11.4
Codecs: SAF 6.0 (recommended settings)
Remote: Harmony One (MCE)
HTPC - Receiver Connection: HDMI
TV - Receiver Connection: HDMI
NAS: Yes, over home network
TV Tuner: None

Hi guys,

MediaPortal worked flawlessly for almost a year but now something is seriously wrong and I need your help :(

All of a sudden my MediaPortal stopped playing all videos (movies/tv series/anime). I cannot remember changing anything significant to the system.

What happens is that MediaPortal freezes as soon as I press the play button in MovingPictures or My TV Series. With freeze I mean that the I cannot do anything without pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del and terminating MediaPortal. The screen does not go black or blue but remains the same, right where you normally press 'play'. The video does not play at all and is also not running in the background.

I tried fiddling with the drivers a bit to see if that would work but unfortunately without success :eek:. Wouldn't make sense anyway since they have always been the same (those recommended for SAF). It also occurs for every media format (.avi, .mkv, .mp4). I thought about the GFX card but everything plays perfectly fine in Windows with VLC. So my guess is that it's not hardware related.

What else did I do?
1. I deleted MediaPortal and installed MP 1.1.3 (no success, figured it probably had something to do with Windows)
2. I reinstalled the HTPC (fresh Windows) and installed MP 1.2
a. Installed StreamedMP (with MovingPictures and My TV Series), SAF 6.0 and OnlineVideos (no success still the same error - weird?)
3. Disabled GPU scaling and IFC in CCC but also without success

I checked all the log files but could not found anything related to the issue. I am out of ideas so it would be great if someone could have a look at my logs and see if he can pin-point the cause of my issue. Still everything works perfectly fine in Windows with VLC.

Cheers guys! :D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi royverkuylen

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Please use the watchdog to grab *all* logs so that we have a complete picture of what is going wrong. The watchdog will also disable plugins so that we can prove the problem is with MP rather than any plugin you have installed.

Instructions:
    1. Find the "debug mode" link in the "Team MediaPortal" folder in your start menu and start it.
    2. Select the first option "report a bug...".
    3. Click proceed to start MP.
    4. Attempt to reproduce the problem by playing any video.
    5. Close MP (ctrl+alt+del => terminate should be okay, but try to close properly first).
    6. The watchdog will create a zip file.
    7. Post the zip file here.

mm

PS: please use the watchdog to gather logs for all bug reports - it makes things easier for us. Thanks!

royverkuylen

Portal Member
    December 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Will do so tonight thanks mm!

Brief update:
    Yesterday I re-installed the whole system again. Now with MP 1.2RC1 combined with Avalon HD skin. Everything worked perfectly until I installed the myanime2 plugin to watch my anime the same problems occurred again. Only one file made it through the hasher queue and then it did not proceed. Now if I try to watch a movie or serie, the screen freezes again when I click play. So it is definitely related to the plugin (which worked fine a couple of days ago). The weird thing is: When I do a full uninstall of the myanime2 plugin, the issue remains. I still cannot play movies or series. So the plugin likely messed with something in my MP settings, windows settings or registry.

Will post my zip file tonight!

royverkuylen

Portal Member
    December 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here you go!

Attached are three logs.
    1. Standard log generated after error (all plugins enabled) - issue occurs
    2. No plugins enabled by watchdog
    3. Skinner option with plugins enabled - issue occurs

Hope you find something.

Noticed that the 'video' plugin in home does work when all other plugins are disabled by watchdog...even though it took a while to load the video.

Cheers

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Code:
    2011-08-30 19:21:10.809891 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Window: MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovingPicturesGUI init

Try to disable MovingPictures, it seems this is the source of your problem.

royverkuylen

Portal Member
    December 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could MovingPictures also corrupt the playback of MY TV Series, because I cannot play any kind of video when my plugins are enabled.
    It is strange that everything worked perfectly fine, until I installed MyAnime2 (which failed at hashing) and then sort of corrupted my MediaPortal as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom