Help needed! Call external app OnPageLoad() in plugin (1 Viewer)

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Country flag
I want to do something like this:
Code:
Protected Overrides Sub OnPageLoad()
            MyBase.OnPageLoad()
            System.Diagnostics.ProcessStart("'RELATIVE PATH TO PLUGINS DIRECTORY'\application.exe")
            GUIWindowManager.NeedRefresh()
Is this possible? How about the relative path?

Thanks in advance.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Country flag
I've found it out myself. So simple!
Relative path is just "plugins\Windows\application.exe"...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    To take performance / user experience into account you shouldn't be doing anything have processing (like creating new processe(s)) in any of the plugin init functions. Instead you should delegate the work to a worker thread and run such stuff asynchronously.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Instead you should delegate the work to a worker thread and run such stuff asynchronously.
    Thanks for answering, but i don't understand a single word of it:confused:
    It's only a little AutoIt-script that is killed OnGuiDestroy()
    I'm a total newbie in VB.net, so don't know how to do it there...

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Country flag
    He means that you should Run your app in separate thread to prevent GUI freezing I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Welcome aboard! I'm also new here c: And yep, we have wiki for answers :D
    Welcome aboard! I'm also new here c: And yep, we have wiki for answers :D
    Hi All, I have been a WMC user for many years and have now decided to try something new. I tried Kodi but decided against it as...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi. This is true, but as many people have requested this feature you can create the images share to accept videos too. This way you can watch anything on the SD card of your camera in one place. Yes, this definitely is possible in MP2 too. You need to activate this during creation of the images share. If you already have created...
    Hi. This is true, but as many people have requested this feature you can create the images share to accept videos too. This way...
    Hi, Two questions about MP2 V2.3: - Is it possible to set an external video player for movies? in MP1, it was possible but I do...
    Replies
    Views
    Is there any remote app in the playstore which use bonjour?
    Is there any remote app in the playstore which use bonjour?
    Hello, the new MP2.3 Version includes a possibility for a WiFi Remote. :) But i have no experience in this case and need a step by...
    Replies
    Views
    Great :) I have a denon :) Tapatalk
    Great :) I have a denon :) Tapatalk
    Hi, I'm trying to develop a plugin I'm very very beginner , but at the moment I've already learn how to make plugin setup form in...
    Replies
    Views
    Have you selected the correct data format on the Schedules Direct web site? For the USA and Canada, the EPG data can be provided by SD in XML format or JSON format. XML format is the old style, and JSON format is the new style. Unfortunately, the TV Server plugin can process only XML format. If you are in fact downloading JSON...
    Have you selected the correct data format on the Schedules Direct web site? For the USA and Canada, the EPG data can be provided...
    I have installed version 1.27on MediaPortal and 1.11.0.2 of the Schedules Direct plugin. I scanned my Hauppauge WinTV dualHD...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom