Help needed to setup epg (1 Viewer)

gigilulu

Portal Member
November 16, 2007
I am very new to MediaPortal & having problem of configuring epg to work with Oztivo.

I tried XMLTV, webTV, mp-wep-interface & few others & so far having no luck at all.

Can some1 kindly shows me any link/steps to configure epg using any of the plugin to work with oztivo?

Thanks!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    hi there :)

Do you already have an xml file with guide data and just need help getting it in MP?
    Or you don't have anything and need help from scratch?

gigilulu

Portal Member
    November 16, 2007
    Hi rekenaar

Thanks for your replied. It is very much appreciated.

For the last few days, I have been reading many posts about WebEpg & xmltv but the most I read the most get confuse.

At this point, I don't any any setup to get the TVGuide yet & I simply don't know where to start. I want to use epg from oztivo, "http://www.oztivo.net/xmltv/"

My MP is working nicely but the epg from Pay TV is only showing now & next (ie programs that are showing now & next). I assume mp is getting the epg from the satellite signal. Thus, I am thinking of using WebEPG to grab the TVGuide & import into the mp database.

craigparris1

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Hey gigilulu,

Have you checked out EPGStream (epgStream.net ? Welcome!). They have a program which you can use to download the tv guide - it can grab EPG data from OzTivo.net.

I use this program - the setup I have with Media Portal is as follows (briefly):

1. EPGStream XMLTVdownload installed to download XMLTV file
    2. XMLTV plug-in for MP TV-Server processes downloaded XMLTV file and loads entries into TV Guide
    3. PowerScheduler plugin is configured to grab EPG each day at 9am, however uses external command (XMLTVdownload batch file)
    4. all channels within TV-Server configuration are set for not grabbing EPG

This has been working great for me - server wakes up each day, downloads the XMLTV file and imports it straight away.

If you need any specific details on how things are configured, let me know.

Cheers,
    Craig

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    You have various options available.

Example:
    1. Download xmltv file at Index of /
    2. rename the xml file to tvguide.xml
    3. enable xmltv plugin in tvserver
    4. configure the plugin (point to the right directory, map channels, import)

Other option is to read up in this thread. I have not looked at that, so not able to give advice there.

dangerzone

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    delft
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hello.

any dutch users here that can give me a site to download tvguide.xml for dutch channels (ziggo)
    i have been reading many threads but do not find a dutch tvguide provider.

I'm using analog for my channels.
    AL i want is the tv guide to work.

best regards, Marco.
    delft netherlands.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    dangerzone

I found this site on Google. Have not tried it myself, but you can give it a go and give us your feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom