Help needed with new HTPC autoinstaller project (1 Viewer)

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yeah, I have MCE edition, however I do only have one CD that I use for installation. This works perfectly fine otherwise, and this is the first time I've been asked to insert CD2.
    But yeah, I know that there is two CDs usually, and I don't think that it should be a problem to implement the CD2 to the ISO. AFAIK the only reason that dialouge box pops up, is because the installer doesn't find a file, and that the installer as been given information that that file is on the second CD. If we can just copy all files from both CDs into the same folder, all files should be included.
    The pre-caching sounds like a good idea, it also reduces the time the internet connection needs to be up and going, so that the risks of a failed install will be minimized (not that this is an issue as I am concerned, but anyhow).

Regarding the MeediOS issue, isn't it possible to set up a couple mirrors up? As I understood it, you only needed an .xml file, so it shouldn't be a problem?

Testing on VM.

Will take a look at the todos at the Wiki, and report back here =)

edit:
    What about the possiblilty to choose which frontends you want to install before you make the .ISO is this doable?

binary64

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    Updated Bluepill-X. It now patches XP Pro with those MCE .dll files for mpeg2... so the only reason to use MCE disks now is for MCE-the-application (yuck).

I am working on getting some secure mirrors for the Bluepill xml scripts. Any volenteers? I only need 1 MB of storage.

When I write a proper MakeISO application (not just a crappy batch file), I will include support for de-activating front-ends in advance. It will also pre-cache updates to the ISO to help with installation speed. Then only updated updates would need to be downloaded.

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yeah, sure.
    Sign me up =)

Secure mirrors as in HTTPS mirrors, or just mirrors that isn't messed with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom