Help!! Please... (1 Viewer)

ShadowB123

Portal Member
December 14, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,

I am a newb to the mediaportal world and I have searched for days to find a fix for my problem. I am using the latest MP download and also using the StreamedMP skin with the Moving Pictures plugin.

I have all my movies on my HDD ripped to VOB's with full menu options. (problem) When I start to play a movie with a Static (still) menu. The movies have audio but no video. I have to use the up arrow on the keyboard to slowly show the menu screen of the DVD as if the movie video was on pause with frame by frame advancement. I have used Dshowhelper 01-08 and it has solved a few movie play back problems except the movies that have a static menu. I have also tried several different codec but, still have the menu problems with motionless background menus.

I am at a loss :(

Any help would be very appreciated :D

Thanks

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi ShadowB123

When you say you have ripped to vob's, does it look anything like this address wise F:\Movies\The Polar Express\VIDEO_TS, or are you using something else, more information you give the better we can help.

ps. the above works perfectly for me and others.

sshot-18.jpg

ShadowB123

Portal Member
    December 14, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you for the help. I got everything working. I dug out an old copy of PowerDVD that I had and used the codec for Media Portal and now all movies now play great.

I do have one other small issue that I have found. When I play some of the movies in MP. Some movies indicate start and end times on the display while playing the movie. example 1:31/1:49 (Normal) and a few movies will show (1:31/ ). The time played so far is shown in all movies, but the total length time of the movie is not shown on all movies while playing. I don't know if this a skin issue (Streamed MP) or a Mediaportal Issue? I guess I can switch back to the default skin and see if it is the skin or not. I just thought I should bring this up as well while I am typing this.

Thanks for the quick reply on my earlier issue.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi again, could be a skin issue, but we use a little program called mediainfo to scan video files and get its details, codecs, duration etc, this is out of date currently because of newer version, this will be included in a future release.

So thanks for your feedback regarding PDVD9, used to use that a lot before Windows 7 came along.

If you are running a system that needs extra codecs to play various format, consider the LAV filters, available from the MP desktop extensions installer, just use the update function.

All the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom