Help setting up the Aeon Skin please (1 Viewer)

vail3r

November 4, 2008
I have only had MP a week and I installed the Aeon skin. Now I love the skin it looks really good and everything works fine (I think) apart from the Basic Home Screen.

Now on basic home when I move the mouse, this happens:

20081112-jsxe8w3frpp7mfxng23ex8dp43.jpg

The background image and buttons vanish. It works fine if I don't move the mouse.

The only other problem is the missing plugin text as seen in the image, the RSS one is just because I don't have the plug in turned on (I think) but I don't understand why the top bit does not work.

The version of MP I have is the one available for download on the main page about a week ago. Also I get an out of date thingy when I open media portal for the skin. Is this something to do with the problems I am having?

PC is a C2D 1.6 / 1GB RAM / XP Pro SP3

Any help will be appreciated.

Edit: So I have found the answer for #location #temp and #condition but what about the missing background when moving the mouse and the out of date message?

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
May 28, 2006
Den Bosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Well, sorry to break it too you...
AEON is NOT good to use with a mouse!
It is meant for control by remote, so get a MCE remote or logitech harmony and you'll be fine....

(or, if a remote is not a option use your keyboard, a cordless keyboard works great too!)

vail3r

November 4, 2008
Well, sorry to break it too you...
AEON is NOT good to use with a mouse!
It is meant for control by remote, so get a MCE remote or logitech harmony and you'll be fine....

(or, if a remote is not a option use your keyboard, a cordless keyboard works great too!)

I have a cordless keyboard with touch pad built in so I am using the keyboard but keep catching the touchpad that moves the mouse. :(

slinkybob

Portal Member
December 14, 2007
#location #temp #condtion

Hi there, i'm still trying to work out the work you mention above, can you tell me how you sorted it.
I'm still getting the error on the front screen...

thanks

slinkybob

Portal Member
December 14, 2007
#Location

Thanks for the quick reply, yes i have, i even re-downloaded the one in your post and set it up and it still has the same error, the only other things that may cause a problem are that i'm behind a proxy server.... any other thoughts?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Get the Aeon menu generator, then open existing basichome.xml, at the bottom os generator screen is a tickbox for rss plugin enable this, then save file.

BTW you have configured the weather plugin and it does work in it's own screen.

slinkybob

Portal Member
    December 14, 2007
    #location

Again thankyou for your help but its still the same, yes my weather page works fine but i am still getting

#location
    #temp #condition

#rss

and when i move the mouse a grey screen appears with a black bar 2 3rds of the way down the screen (I'm only using a mouse for testing)

I've gone thorugh the menu generator like you said and its still doing it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom