HELP !! Shared folders not sharing (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

I have Googled this issue first, but cannot seem to get to the bottom of it, hence asking on the forum of all knowledge.

My clients cannot access the shared folders on the main HTPC. There are several shared folders for TVSeries, Movies, Misc Films, Pictures and Music.

More specifically, I can access "Pictures" & "Music" which are both on a drive called 'Main Storage'. However, the other folders are on two separate drives. "Movies" & "Misc Films" are different folders on the same drive. I have tried sharing the drives, with no result. I have removed the Homegroup and re-joined with no result.

All of this seems to have come about since trying to set up Remote Desktop on the main HTPC, and it requiring passwords to access via RDC. (I couldn't get RDC to work, so gave up as it kept requesting passwords and I had set it up initially without any passwords).

I shouldn't have messed about with it really :oops: Passwords & networking ain't my strong suit!

Many thanks,

M.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Pilehave,

All on Win7.

I seem to have got it working now. I had to allow each folder to be shared by not only "Homegroup", but by "Everyone" in order to get the clients to see them again.

I suspect I have changed something when I was trying, and failing, to get RDC working.

Thanks for responding.

M.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Open my computer, select drive properties by right click, now select advanced sharing, this will bring up a dialogue box with a tick in allow this drive to be shared, deselect (password may be needed here), close and you should now be ok.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    pilehave - That is a great idea! Thanks for that, I'll try later.

@PD - I tried that, but still could not access the drive, or folders.

EDIT: Got RDC working now - thanks Pilehave...I know what to do when I build my NAS now.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom