[Approved] HELP test: fix for - some cards are slow at tuning. (1 Viewer)

ulischultz

Portal Pro
September 16, 2009
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
That works nicely for me... Tuning time from 6sec went down to 3sec after the patch!
Great!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Works nicely on my 2 Pinnacle PCTV 7010ix's, apart from the fact that I have to stop the graph on the analog tuners. If I don't, the analog tuners can't switch between FM and analog TV. The analog tuners are software encoded hybrid tuners which I hardly use so it is definitely not the end of the world for me!

*Thank you* for your contribution!

gommer

Portal Member
    October 7, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    However, I was hoping this would solve a new problem I'm having since replacing my good-old PVR-150 card with HVR-1700. Unfortunately, Analog channel switching is still slow (about 5 seconds). With the old PVR-150, switching took about 2 seconds.

Does anyone here use the analog part of HVR-1700 ? Do you also get slow tunes?

I'm in the process of setting up a new MP system and while searching found this recent post.
    I have Hauppauge HVR-2200 (dual hybrid tuner) and also notice slow tuning on analog (haven't tried DVB-T). Is it safe to install 1.2.0 beta without other issues? In that case i can try if this solved bug changes things for me.

Cheers, Marc

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think it is okay, but like the developers say, it is beta software so it is not recommended to install it on a "production" machine...

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: HELP test: fix for - some cards are slow at tuning.

infinite.loop
    but this simply tells us that there a lot of faulty BDA drivers out there. One way could be to make stop default and let the user enable pause if he wants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom