Help with iMON, Minidisplay and RM200 remote setup for Antec Veris Max case (1 Viewer)

son_t

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have the Antec Veris Remote Max HTPC case and this has the iMON display and RM200 remote.

I followed the instructions of the link given in this post for the set up of the remote and iMON display, but it does not completely work.

The remote works to some extent, but not as indicated in the picture with all the button mappings. What is really bad is the iMON display turning off completely when MP starts up, giving no display.

I noticed that I had a newer version of the iMON software - version 7.40.0806 - instead of the 7.20 version, so I downloaded and installed that, and still it did not work as expected (in fact it made it worst, with less buttons working).

Has anyone got this HTPC case or the RM200 remote with the iMON display and got it to work with MP and Minidisplay?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

macnam

Portal Member
December 6, 2006
Italy

son_t

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
Home Country
Thanks, I will have a re-read of those threads to see what tricks I am missing...

Just a quick glance in the last thread... It looks like I need to do more than in Geekzone post suggests...

Anyone have a link to the most current and definitive guide for setting up iMON and Minidisplay and key mapping?

CKB

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Home Country
I noticed that I had a newer version of the iMON software - version 7.40.0806 - instead of the 7.20 version, so I downloaded and installed that, and still it did not work as expected (in fact it made it worst, with less buttons working).

Be aware that uninstalling 7.40 doesn't work properly as it leaves loads of entries on both your HDD and Registry - this then impacts on your subsequent installation of 7.20

> Uninstall,

> Locate all mentions of Soundgraph (mainly under your user profile if in XP) and delete them

> Locate all mentions of Soundgraph/iMon in your registry and delete them

> Install 7.20 and set to never check for updates

Keep us updated as to your progress, if needs be I can upload a screenshot of my MiniDisplay configuration as I have it working just fine.

Just a pity the display is currently next to useless outside of MediaPortal :mad:

Chris

son_t

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
Home Country
So, I cleaned up as you suggested - uninstalled, clean the registry, etc... Now it looks like it is version 7.20.0502 that is installed - I got the iMON PAD option, etc...

BUT... It still does not work... In fact it is a lot worse, MP bombs out with the watchdog dialogue almost immediately...

Any ideas?

CKB

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Home Country
Forget MP for the moment, can you get Frontview to work the display (e.g. set it to 'always on' and 'auto')

If you can't then we have bigger problems and have to look deeper.

Assuming the display works with its native software (iMon) then we can look to MP.

> What version of MP are you running (I'm on 1.0.0)

Open MP Config, and then the config for the MiniDisplay plugin.

Type = Soundgraph iMon USB
Port = USB

Hit the Test Display button and the display should show 'MiniDisplay iMONLCDg'

The important foundation is really to have iMON working the display properly before attempting to get a third party application (such as MP) to utilise it.

Chris

son_t

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
Home Country
iMON and Frontview etc., seems to be working fine... I get scrolling messages etc., across the display panel when not using MP... Yes, I constant check that Frontview is running - it seems to get turned OFF when MP starts with the Minidisplay plug-in active.

When MP starts up, the display goes blank, and then MP crashes out... I then installed my CD version of iMON - 7.32.0704 and still MP kept crashing at start up... I kept rebooting my PC, etc., until late into the night, leaving it with Shortcutter and Minidisplay disabled, but it still crashed.

This morning, I boot up the PC (which was left in the same state with iMON version 7.32.0704 and disabled Shortcutter and Minidisplay) and MP worked without much fuss... AND also the (scrolling using the) remote (but the display is OFF!)

I will have a go at following the instructions on Geekzone again tonight and see what I experience this time... (I had a quick look at the logs and could not see anything wrong...) But I am so glad that I don't have to install MP yet again!

I am running MP 1.0 with Streamed-MP skin and Moving Pictures plug-in... and won't like to start from scratch again!

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Probably time to post some logs. Try disabling the mini display plugin first too, and see if that at least gets MP going again. That plugin can cause MP to crash sometimes, particularly if your iMON install is dodgy. It can also stop the remote working under certain circumstances, because the display and IR receiver are the same USB device and driver.

For me the 7.4 drivers (latest) worked the best. I always had lots of confounding problems with this iMON crap before then. Display would work but remote would not under earlier version of the driver. Disable the display and the remote would work. That was certainly my experience with 7.2 and prior on the Silverstone LC16M.

Focus on getting the remote going first, then worry about the display. Keep minidisplay disabled until you get that right.

Another tip - test the remote outside of MP with notepad. Make sure all the key presses like enter, space, up, down, left, right and numbers work as expected in notepad (clearly play etc won't do anything in notepad).

son_t

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Home Country
    I will post the logs if I have problems trying it again. I did look the logs and found nothing that interesting ;)

Anyway, previously, the remote works just fine - with a few exceptions, e.g. the TV buttons not activating the TV, but the Video button got me into my videos OK... the display never worked with in MP.

Downgrading the iMON software from 7.40 to 7.20, I started having (crashing) problem. I did just disable the Minidisplay plug-in and MP still misbehaved. Minidisplay did not cause any problems (except turning the display off) with 7.40 of the iMON software with the initial Geekzone setup...

I will keep this thread updated...

For me the 7.4 drivers (latest) worked the best. I always had lots of confounding problems with this iMON crap before then. Display would work but remote would not under earlier version of the driver. Disable the display and the remote would work. That was certainly my experience with 7.2 and prior on the Silverstone LC16M.
    Are you saying that you have a working remote and display with version 7.40 of iMON? Can you remember how you did it? Was it the same as the Geekzone guide?

BTW the RM200 remote looks exactly like the LC16M's iPAD remote... you can see a pic here.

son_t

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Home Country
    So taking globaldonkey's advice of getting the remote working first (then later the display), this is my progress so far...

I let the iMON software upgrade to version 7.40. Then I set it up for MediaPortal using this .imo file - attached in this post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ote-configuration-2299/index6.html#post345288

I also followed the suggestion in the post of downloading and running the My Keys (process) plugin: MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - MyKeys Plugin

This seems to be the best configuration for the remote control so far. The Videos/Music/Pictures/TV (coloured) buttons on the remote now work. The buttons at the top (Play/FF/FWPause) now work - except the chapter skips(but that could be because they don't work with AVI files?) When viewing the TV, the channel +/- buttons don't work (changing channels up or down) - they seem to timeshifting...

Now how do I get the Display to work? Minidisplay is configured as screenshots below, but on MP startup the display is OFF. The test button of the Minidisplay config screen does not produce any test message on the display (it is off as always)... You can see my video of the display here on photobucket (will link when video is uploaded). It shows the display before MP starts, MP running (display off), and then after MP is closed.

Attachments

• md-conf.jpg
      md-conf.jpg
      49.5 KB
    • md-adv.jpg
      md-adv.jpg
      83.2 KB
    • sc-conf.jpg
      sc-conf.jpg
      70 KB
    • mk.jpg
      mk.jpg