Help with iMON, Minidisplay and RM200 remote setup for Antec Veris Max case (1 Viewer)

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Now how do I get the Display to work? Minidisplay is configured as screenshots below, but on MP startup the display is OFF. The test button of the Minidisplay config screen does not produce any test message on the display (it is off as always)... You can see my video of the display here on photobucket (will link when video is uploaded). It shows the display before MP starts, MP running (display off), and then after MP is closed.

It seem to me that you have an LCD display so use this 2 screenshots to configure your display and it should work.BTW u should set your display inside Imon Manager -->Frontview on "always on" and u should only use shortcut'er plugin.

son_t

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks Pretoriano, but unfortunately these settings do not help. I get the same effect, no display when MP kicks in... the text 'HOME' appears as before, then the display is turned OFF.

son_t

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Home Country
    I uninstalled version 7.40 of iMON and cleaned up the registry, and installed version 7.20 of iMON. Use the iMEDIAN software to see if it works with the display. Yes, it does - for example, when I play music I get the Graphic Equaliser bouncing to the music. But I tested this using Windows Media Player (11) and it does not work...

I installed a clean copy of the SVN version of MP as above. Configured Minidisplay as per Pretoriano's post, and it still did not work, although it did not turn off the display like previously...

However, I think I will stick to the 7.20 version of iMON, as this has the option of choosing keyboard mode (over mouse) on startup. This is lacking in 7.40 (which I don't know why), and someone suggested a registry hack, but the value does not 'stick' for some reason (i.e. it never worked, when I tried it.))

CKB

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Home Country
    iMon does not support WMP, from memory it supports its own software, Media Centre & WinAmp.

I use 7.2 of iMon, but have the display set to 'Never' so the screen stays off unless I'm using MediaPortal via MiniDisplay.

son_t

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Home Country
    iMon does not support WMP, from memory it supports its own software, Media Centre & WinAmp.

I use 7.2 of iMon, but have the display set to 'Never' so the screen stays off unless I'm using MediaPortal via MiniDisplay.

I thought it does, as in the iMON Manager->iMON Utilities->Frontview->Media Information panel (see attached screenshot), you have the iMEDIAN HD, Media Center, Winamp, iTunes option as the Available Player's.

Although, I have just noticed that, except iMEDIAN HD, all the rest are shadowed out... Why is this? Has this got any relation to the fact that there no 'Plug-ins' option when I open the iMON Utilities via the right-click on the iMON icon on the taskbar?

Could anyone with the Silverstone case with iMON post their Soundgraph software somewhere for me please, especially if you have the 'plugins' option as detailed in the previous paragraph. I would be grateful...

Attachments

• frontview.jpg
      frontview.jpg
      63.1 KB

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Although, I have just noticed that, except iMEDIAN HD, all the rest are shadowed out... Why is this? Has this got any relation to the fact that there no 'Plug-ins' option when I open the iMON Utilities via the right-click on the iMON icon on the taskbar?

The other checkboxes become available only if those programs are installed...If u are using Vista Ultimate for example,MediaCenter checkbox will be ticked.;)

son_t

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Home Country
    The other checkboxes become available only if those programs are installed...If u are using Vista Ultimate for example,MediaCenter checkbox will be ticked.;)

Yes, that does make sense. Except... I do have WMP installed :confused:

Unless iMON does not support version 11 of WMP... What version does it support then - anyone know.

BTW, I searched out and downloaded the original CybrDisplay plug-in... and still the same result - no display when MP runs... :(

EDIT: I see now, Media Center is not WMP... What is Media Center???! Vista Media Center? Is Vista Media Center better than MP ;) :D:D:D Shall I run that instead? :D

CKB

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Media Centre is either Windows XP MCE or Windows Vista - Windows Media Player (WMP) is standalone software available to any Windows OS

I'm on XP Pro, so have never seen MC to be able to comment on either the XP or Vista versions in comparison to MediaPortal.

I'd love an application to run my display when I'm not in MediaPortal, but I'm not aware of one existing that can work with rather than against MiniDisplay

son_t

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Home Country
    I uninstalled and downgraded to iMON version 6.01. In this version there is the Plugins option in the Frontview utility, but now the display did not work at all, and the remote was acting really weird...

In this version there is support for Media Player - well something called 'wmplayer' anyway, so I assume that it is WMP...

Anyway, I think I will just stop trying to get the display working now. I think it is the firmware in the iMON hardware that is causing this non-working with MP. I will wait until some clever sole has a poke about with the MiniDisplay plugin to get it working with the latest iMON display hardware...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom