Help with Technisat Airstar 2 under MP 0.2.0.3x (1 Viewer)

speedway

Portal Member
August 26, 2006
Riverstone, NSW
Home Country
Hi all

I was wondering of someone could help me to get my Technisat Airstar 2 card to be recognised as a DVB-T card with MP 2. I am sure I have seen somewhere that it was added to CpatureCardDefinitions.xml somewhere along the line but can't seem to find the right one.

I have dropped back from TVE3 due to ultra low WAF level with TV and now have the lastest SVN working fine with all my cards except this one. Under TVE3 the card is correctly identified as a DVB-T (not DVB-S) but again, I cannot find where TVE3 defines this card.

I really need to have 3 cards running to keep a satisfactory WAF level.

BTW, I am a refugee from MythTV, venturing into the Windows world of HTPC's so know very little about anything BDA aside from what I have managed to read and determine on this site.

Any assitance would be very greatly appreciated,.

Cheers
Bruce

speedway

Portal Member
August 26, 2006
Riverstone, NSW
Home Country
For thos that *may* be interested, I have found a solution. Searching for Airstar 2 turned up a couple of relevant posts but they are in German (I think). I don't speak German but there was enough English in there to allow to to get this sorted.

It seems it is as simple as changing a couple of lines or, as I did, copy and paste before changing, the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file.

Look for "Technisat Skystar 2 (BDA)". Copy that card definition and paste it back into the file.

Change "Skystar" to "Airstar"
Change:
Code:
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft [B]DVBS[/B] Network Provider"	checkdevice="false"/>

into:

Code:
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft [B]DVBT[/B] Network Provider"	checkdevice="false"/>

Save the file and restart MP. When you go to Add Card, 2 will appear now - 1 will say "Skystar" and the other will say "Airstar". Scan your DVB-T channels as normal.

woopsicle

November 5, 2007
Home Country
wow thanks speedway - have mediaportal somewhat working now!
just got some codec issues to sort out as tv is jumpy.

appreciate your investigation

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom