Help with XBMC plugin (1 Viewer)

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi All,

I am trying to get the XMBC plugin to work. I installed my MediaPortal server as a backend server hoping to get my Xbox to work as a front end. I followed the instructions, but the XBOX plugin does not show up in the plugin list within the MP setup.
I tried to install MS Net 2.0, but that did not help either.

Any assistance is appreciated.
Thanks,
Rick

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
Thanks for the reply.
Is there an easy way to verify the versions?
I just installed the MP two days ago, and I thought I took the latest.
I think I took version 0.1.3.0 of MP and the plugin is 0.6b
I am running MS Net 1.1 something.

Thanks
Rick

thechad

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Geelong, Australia
Home Country
Hi Rick,

The 0.6b version is compiled for MP 0.2.0 RC2 and this is why you are having issues. email chadcampling AT hotmail DOT com and I will send you some of the older version to try.

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
Ok, I have re-installed MP to the latest RC and the plugin is now visible in the list. I can also interact with with it in my XBMC. However, when I try to watch recorded TV it says it cannot because the format is dvr-ms. I should convert it to MPG. This is annoying. I thought we could just watch recorded content in the XBMC ?
I converted one of the recorded files to MPG, and the file is there, but I cannot see it in the recorded tv from XBMC, even though I refreshed. It is in the TV folder, but I cannot see it in MP recorded TV either.

How do I watch recorded TV on the XBOX?

Thanks,
Rick

thechad

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Geelong, Australia
Home Country
Hi Rick,

You have to use the MediaPortal compression feature to do the conversion as this will update the database. The problem you have is that the XBMC is reading the database and the file name has not been updated. See the MP doco for setting up the compression feature. This will not be an issue in the future as MP is eventually moving to TS recording and not DVR-MS.

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
Thanks again for the help. I will try this.
After installing the newest RC 2, XMLTV does not work. I tried it on two different MP servers.
I was using this with the remote web interface in order to setup recordings from other PCs.
I have tried to run through the install process for XMLTV several times and there is nothing in the EPG list.
Will XMLTV work with RC 2?
If not, I will have to use the older version.
Thanks for making a link for version 0.4 of the plugin for XBMC

Regards,
Rick

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
I need more info about what you wrote above. I cannot find how to setup the compression feature. The only thing I have found about compression is in the GUI, where there is a button 'COMPRESS'. This is a backend MP install and access to the GUI is only via terminal services (remote desktop), and that is SLOOOOOWWW. So I cannot login after every record and click this button.
Is there an automatic setting to get the file to be changed to a mpg ?
By the way, I did convert one file in the GUI and accessed the file from XBMC during the conversion process.
It is too bad MP is not able to write the stream in a MPG format instead. We could then watch live recordings, pausing, and spooling of the file.
That would be cool.

Regards,
Rick

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
Managed to get the XMLTV installed. It shows up now in the guide, but the web interface shows on top that MP is not running. I do not understand this at all. It is running! What a headache this is.
It has not yet shown up in the XBMC at all. All the channels are empty na d recorded tv shows as unkown files.

I would still like to know how to make dvr-ms turn to mpg automatically.

Regards,
Rick

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
Looking better now. I found a post (below) stating that the My Burner plugin can be used to automate the dvr-ms to mpg conversion, and it works!
I watched my first clip in the XBMC played from MP recorded shows.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=1428&highlight=dvrms

So the only real problem I have now is the guide shows no data in XBMC.
Is there something in the settings that I need to edit? I put the MP IP address in mpSettings.py, but maybe there was something else to do.

XMLTV is working and the guide works from the web interface.

Thanks again,
Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom