[Usability] Here are my improvement suggestions to MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

nph12

Portal Member
March 23, 2010
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Here are my improvement suggestions to MediaPortal!

On the picture side:

1) Support Raw formats (DNG) - MCE can with fastpictureviewer codec pack shows RAW pictures so it should also be possibly in MP!

2) View metadata in slideshow (EXIF and IPTC metadata) - just like you can with zoner photo studio!

3) Show where the picture is taken (Google street map)

4) Show histogram

5) Show picture with XMP sidecar file (and included adobe sidecar file)

Remote:

6) A real MP apps for iphone & android (not a webapps as iPiMP)

Stream:

7) Stream mediamedia to MP clients

8) Stream mediamedia to iphone & android

Usability:

9) It should be easier to install MP (one package with all the most comment plug-ins like Moving Pictures and MP-TVSeries, codecs, an internet browser and better skins) and not too much configuring!

Record:

1) Be able to Remote record from iphone & android apps

TV:

11) Support PIP

Video:

12) Support ISO-files (just like VLC do) - without mounting!

Mediaportal should do what Apple and Microsoft can´t - support all the newest technology cross platforms! MS will never support an Iphone remote to the MCE

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    9) It should be easier to install MP (one package with all the most comment plug-ins like Moving Pictures and MP-TVSeries, codecs, an internet browser and better skins) and not too much configuring!
    Not going to happen. These plugins are maintained by community developers, not the main MediaPortal team. Packaging them all up together would mean that you wouldn't get any updates until the whole app was updated. It would also mean far more work for the core developers to put it all together. The authors of these plugins and skins may not want their work bundled in with the main installer anyway.

11) Support PIP
    Impossible in the MP1 code base, it will be a feature of MP2 eventually though. Have a search, this has been discussed sooo many times (and I've replied to many threads on the subject)

nph12

Portal Member
    March 23, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Not going to happen. These plugins are maintained by community developers, not the main MediaPortal team. Packaging them all up together would mean that you wouldn't get any updates until the whole app was updated. It would also mean far more work for the core developers to put it all together. The authors of these plugins and skins may not want their work bundled in with the main installer anyway.
    I have tried to install many plug-ins and skins but is not always easy. Maybe could all the developers use the same installer so it will be easy to add new plug-ins and skins to MP.

11) Support PIP
    Impossible in the MP1 code base, it will be a feature of MP2 eventually though. Have a search, this has been discussed sooo many times (and I've replied to many threads on the subject)
    Sounds good:) Looking forward to MP2

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have tried to install many plug-ins and skins but is not always easy. Maybe could all the developers use the same installer so it will be easy to add new plug-ins and skins to MP.
    Everyone should really be using the new installer.... (there will be a shortcut for it on your desktop)
    It is there for plugin developers and skinners to use so if they are not you should ask them to create a new installer

nph12

Portal Member
    March 23, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Everyone should really be using the new installer.... (there will be a shortcut for it on your desktop)
    It is there for plugin developers and skinners to use so if they are not you should ask them to create a new installer
    Perfect:)

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Will the picture support in MP get better?
    Perhaps, but it isn't a priority. There have been several discussions on getting RAW support, but nothing has come of it. This will need community input as the MP Team have enough to do as it is.

There is no reason a fully comprehensive photos plugin couldn't be created to do all you have been asking, but it will be a plugin rather than a core component.

nph12

Portal Member
    March 23, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Will the picture support in MP get better?
    Perhaps, but it isn't a priority. There have been several discussions on getting RAW support, but nothing has come of it. This will need community input as the MP Team have enough to do as it is.

There is no reason a fully comprehensive photos plugin couldn't be created to do all you have been asking, but it will be a plugin rather than a core component.

I hope there will come a photo plugin there support my improvement suggestions:)

nph12

Portal Member
    March 23, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Where is the new installer? I can´t find it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom