Hi + Couple of questions (1 Viewer)

N

NoWorthWhile

Hello to all!

First off, I have perused this forum quite extensively, and I'm here to ask the remaining of my questions.

I'm currently using WMC7 + DVBLogic, but I've been longing for something more akin to a real server/client kind of setup. So, here are my questions.

1°) First and foremost, I'm currently using my setup with a TNTSAT card, a TVVlaanderen, and FTA DVB-T + Freesat. I know that softcam isn't supported on these forums, but TNTSAT is unavailable, unless inside their own receivers. Is there some kind of support for people watching TNTSAT?

2°) I use the Movie Guide feature of WMC extensively, is there something similar here?

3°) Something that I wish for, is there a functionality that would scan my existing TV shows library and if any are missing, record it from the EPG, and sort it out in the same GUI?

4°) Metro style app for Win8, can I haz?

Thank you for your time,

Regards,

NWW

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi and welcome NoWorthWhile,

I'll try to answer your questions, as far as i'm able to.

1. This goes beyond my knowledge. Since you're from Belgium, maybe you can try to get an answer in the Dutch forums? Maybe other users from Belgium have an answer to your question.
    2. You might wanna check out the MovingPictures plugin. The Wiki page can be found here, which should give you a good impression of the possibilities.
    3. I haven't seen a solution for that. Probably due to the limited info most EPGs provide (i never get a series or season number in my EPG).
    4. Windows 8 isn't officially supported yet.
    Hope that helps you out a bit more!

Last edited:

NoWorthWhile

November 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thank you for your answers,

I will have a look over the dutch forums, but as for the number 2 question, this plugin isn't unfortunately what I'm looking for.

Thanks anyway!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you could explain me what the 'Movie Guide feature' is (since i've never used WMC), i might have an answer to the question :)

The Movie Library seems to be a combination of the MovingPictures plugin, IMDb+ Scraper & Fanart Handler.

NoWorthWhile

November 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    The Movie Guide is a feature that shows you all the current movies that are playing now in the guide, next, by genre, or in HD

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    We've got a TV Guide integrated:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/14_Using_MediaPortal/3_TV/0_TV_Guide
    And you can create different groups for specific channels.

We also have an OnlineVideos plugin, which you could use for watching YouTube, but also the IMDb Trailers for example.

I'm almost certain that MediaPortal can do everything you need, but maybe @lisag can comment on this, since she has been working with both systems for a while now ;)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello, I am not aware of a MediaPortal plug in that will specifically highlight all movies that are in your TV EPG.

However, MediaPortal is massively more configurable than WMC so you may be able to find some other functionality to use as a workaround.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom