Hi guys, how can I best help out (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Aw shucks, thanks :oops:

there should be a new version of the DScaler 5 codecs this weekend or early next week.

John

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Help with DVB-T support

JohnAd,

I can help out with the BDA testing for DVB-T cards.
    I have three of these, all different manufacturers and all have BDA compliant drivers.

I can test these in the UK for you and provide feedback on the interfce, tuning, bugs etc.

I have silently been playing with MediaPortal for some time with my PVR-250 MCE card but DVB-T is where it's at in the UK.
    So if ya need some help just holla!

DMAN

A

Anonymous

Hi *,

I also would like you to help in testing DVB-T. I have a Technotrend PCI DVB-T Budget and some testing experience with media center software like xpMCE, vdr, mythtv, freevo and tvcentral (aka meedio, myhtpc2).

I got all of them to work, but none of those media centers fully fit my needs. So I wanted to test mediaportal also, but the DVB-T support was still missing. Therefore I am really looking forward for support for DVB-T via BDA. I can test it in Germany.

As DMAN already said: if you need help just holla! :lol:

A

Anonymous

JohnAd, any news on this? It would be really really interesting to hear your progress on the BDA development and if you still looking in to it. I think you would make MANY people happy (well at least me :D ) if you could provide an update.

bionicdonkey

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Sydney :: Australia
    I might be able to help out with the bda development.
    I have no experience with C# and i don't know the structure of this program, but i've done some work on the BDA Input for DigitalWatch and a few little things of my own.
    So if you need a hand, let me know and i'll see what i can do.

Regards,
    Bionic Donkey

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well if you could write a dll or plugin or... which handles all BDA stuff
    then that would be excellent
    nicest would be C#, but if you make it a com object (in c++, vb,...) then we can also use that pretty easy

Frodo

A

Anonymous

bionicdonkey said:
    I might be able to help out with the bda development.
    I have no experience with C# and i don't know the structure of this program, but i've done some work on the BDA Input for DigitalWatch and a few little things of my own.
    So if you need a hand, let me know and i'll see what i can do.

Regards,
    Bionic Donkey

Now that is something several of us wanted to hear :) in other words you are more then welcome :D

A

Anonymous

bionicdonkey said:
    I can't make any guarantees that i'll be able to do it, but i'll give it a go and hope i'll succeed.

Cool

A

Anonymous

Samsonite said:
    JohnAd, any news on this? It would be really really interesting to hear your progress on the BDA development and if you still looking in to it. I think you would make MANY people happy (well at least me :D ) if you could provide an update.

:oops: Sadly I've no news on this. I think I am guilty of talking about stuff that I'm in no position to deliver in a reasonable timescale. I have been doing the same thing at work and that stuff is taking up my time at the moment. I do plan to add this at some point or help someone else do it but there is a lot of preparation work to do first.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom