Operating System Hibernate does not work anymore (1 Viewer)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

"suddenly" going to suspend does not work anylonger :confused:

I've set everything in system for going to suspend, but there is no reaction if I say to go to suspend.

Also if I open "Partion Magic" the harddisk is displayed as "bad", but Windows starts regulary and in Windows all Partions work fine. Same if I boot with Nero BackItUp: The System "main" harddisc is not shown correct and I can't make any backup with it.

Does anybody have any idea to "repair" this or for what I have to research?

I'm a little bit aimless... :mad:

Greetings

BERND

EDIT ##############

Solved it:

I checked the EventLog and there was a entry that TVengine.exe blocked suspend!
    I stopped TVengine and it hibernate did fine!
    But still I'm confused about the long time solution: After restarting TVengine hibernate still fails. I checked all options and could't find the problem. But after disabling and enabling Power Schedular, hibernate works?!? :mad:

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    hibernation hasnt worked on mine for a long time. i think its an XP issue though as theres no longer an option to hibernate when you shut down XP manually either (start --> shut down etc..) even though ive got it activated in power options.

im guessing maybe a glitch in the matrix with SP3?

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    Interestingly, graphics drivers can cause this error (greyed out option) - using a different revision can fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom