Home Country
TV-Server Version: RC2, SVN 08-30-2008, 13-29-Rev20078
MediaPortal Version: RC2, SVN 08-30-2008, 13-29-Rev20078
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: XP with Service Pack 2
CPU Type: AMD Athlon™ 64 5200+AM2 Processor Retail Dual Core AM2
HDD: Various SATA
Memory: DDR2 2048MB(2x1G)PC6400 800Mhz Blue Heatspreader 4-4-4-12 G.Skill
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD780G 5200HT DDR2 VGA PCIE2.0 RAID GbLAN 1394
Video Card: Asus EN8500GT Silent Magic 512MB DDR2 666MHz PCIEx16 VGA HDTV DVI-I Video Card
Video Card Driver: Latest Nvidia
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Card PCI Express
Sound Card AC3: Optical Out
Sound Card Driver: Latest Creative
1. TV Card: Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4, black pcb card
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: Latest Window's approved
2. TV Card: Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver: Latest Window's approved
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV Decoder Filter
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA Decoder Filter
h.264 Video Codec: DVICO DMB Video
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: ANTEC Fusion HTPC Silver
Cooling: Fans
Power Supply: Antec 430 Watt ATX12V v2.0
Remote: MCE Remote
TV: Samsung PS-42Q9Q91HD PDP
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI to HDMI

Hi,

Scenario;

Started HTPC

Set up four recordings with enough time between them to allow system to go into hibernation.

Started Watchdog after first recording started.

Set up a fifth recording during fourth recording.

All recordings started properly with the interface between MediaPortal and the TV Server working correctly.

The first four recordings went into hibernation correctly, although this happened within 30 seconds of the recording finishing. This, despite the minimum time to go into hibernation, set at 5 minutes.

During the fifth recording, I decided to do things that I knew, would probably upset this smooth process.

I turned on a TV channel and watched for approximately 5 – 10 minutes, turned TV channel off, then watched an already recorded video, not one that I had just recorded, for approximately 3 minutes.

When the fifth recording finished the system attempted to go into hibernation at around 3 – 4 minutes, then immediately flashed back to the MediaPortal home screen. After 5 minutes this scenario reoccurred. I let this happen 4 times, before I stopped the process so as to gain access to the log files.

After log file obtained, used manual hibernate command on the MediaPortal home screen with the same result.

Ticking the forced shutdown box, does not fix the problem.

Regards

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
Tried a similar test on my office computer and it worked fine, strange.

Office Computer, a Coolermaster 690 chassis using;

Windows XP with Service Pack 3

Asus M3A78-EH AM2+ AMD780G HT5200

AMD Athlon™ 64 6000+AM2 Processor Retail Dual Core AM2

DDR2 2048MB(2x1G)PC6400 800Mhz Blue Heatspreader 4-4-4-12 G.Skill

Asus GF9500 512M DDR3 PCIE2.0 DVI-I HDCP HDMI Video Card

Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio Retail

X-Sonic SIL3124 32 Bit SATA2 Raid PCI Card (2xeSATA/2xSATA)

Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4, green pcb card and MediaPortal RC2, SVN 08-30-2008, 13-29-Rev20078.

Benq FP91G+ 19" LCD Monitor

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Could you enable Extensive logging in both TV-Server configuration -> Plugins -> Power Scheduler & in MP Configuration -> Plugins -> Power Scheduler Client plugin & test & then attach the logs after a failure like you described above?

Btw, you do use the settings - only allow standby in Home (btw forced hib should not be used, but since it didn't do anything to or from it doesn't matter ;) )

Regards
    Roy

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    I just completed a search for the Window's error message, Insufficient sytem resources exist to complete API, and have found this Hotfix;

Download details: Update for Windows XP (KB909095)

I normally could not see this message, because it was hidden behind the MediaPortal screen.

Apparently this particular problem was introduced with the SP2 update, mainly affecting sytems with more than 1GB of RAM.

I have just applied this Hotfix, which apparently is included in the SP3 update, and will hopefully resolve the hibernation issues.

As somebody stated in one of their posts, so many variables.

User 04

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks for this excellent piece of software.

Makes the RC series of MediaPortal as reliable, with scheduled recordings, as the good old MediaPortal 0.2.3.0.

Should be included as standard with MediaPortal, particularly the ability to stop and restart the TV Server on suspend/resume.

I have the software setup with basic settings.

You haven't seen the new version i am working on. Completly rewritten as system service with modular suspend and resume jobs and hopefully with the ability to restart a hardware-device like dvb-card.

Will take a few days to get it ready but i think you will like it.

Sounds good, josch.hh.

Just reiterating, since upgrading my system with the MPstandbyHandler my HTPC has been working faultlessly.

Have not had any more TV Server generated errors, after going in and out of Hibernation, such as Connection to TV service lost, Label Missing and the like. In fact my HTPC has not generated any more error messages at all.

Just working away, doing it's job, and actually allowing me to enjoy using it, instead of wondering when the next interface type problem would occur.

Thanks again!

I also have Control Panel/Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools/Services/TV Service/Properties/Recovery, enabled to Restart the Service after 1 minute if this service fails, but I doubt if this is ever needed, but good as a backup.

Quote from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/mpstandbyhandler-44296/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom