Hide unused buttons from default screen. (1 Viewer)

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am building a system for someone and need to hide as many unused buttons on the default screen as possible. I have been searching for a while now, probably with the wrong terms but what file contains the list of buttons. For instance if I wanted to remove videos, audio and images from the default screen, what config file are they in and what are they called so I can comment them out?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This could be done using different approaches.

1: You could remove unwanted plugins completely from the MP2-Client\Plugins folder. But as Skins depend on some plugins, this will break the use of them and you will get a fallback to default (blue) skin.

2: The better way for controlling, which items are shown in "Home" is to modify the plugin's workflowactions: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...in/default/workflow/media-actions.xml#L16-L33.

This means: each plugin describes which action can be entered from which state. The quoted ones above define actions from "Home" to the different media sections. If you comment them out step by step, you will see the menu items disappearing.

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It wasn't a 100% fix but it helped. I was able to knock the home page down from 15 to 6 buttons with a combination of the methods you posted.

For plugins I removed OnlineVideos, PartyMusicPlayer, Tve3RecordingMetadataExtractor and Utilities

In media-actions I was unable to comment out the lines without the majority of the buttons disappearing unexpectedly. Removing the lines entirely did work for Audio, Videos, BrowseLocalMedia, BrowseMedia, Images and Latest Media.

Series and Movies are the only things I wanted to keep so I didn't try to remove them. Removing weather or news broke everything and I was unable to find anything that worked for playlists. In this particular instance I would like to go as far as hiding or locking settings as well... perhaps in a future version. It could prove useful for people with kids too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom