[EPG] Highlight Available Channels in EPG (1 Viewer)

Mohero

Portal Member
December 31, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have a feature request to the EPG, currently on the mini-guide when watching a channel, if a chanel is being recorded, the mini-guide shows the available channels in a bright white (using Blue3) and unavailable channels in a dull grey. It Also shows a Green Tick or a grey "no-Entry" sign.

Watching users of the system I have at home, many of them use the full TV-Guide to select a channel, this doesn't have the availability information on it. which means they don't know what channels are available to watch until they select one and get a "no free tuner" error.

My request is to have some form of visual notification on the main TV-Guide to show this information by means of greying-out unavailable channels, or a red cross, or something so that users can see what's available.

This would especially be useful when first switching on the TV, and loading the guide, when no Live TV is running on-screen, but something is being recorded, it will easily show if you are able to watch a channel.

Jason.

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
+1!!
I was wondering myself why this info was not present in the full epg, which is supposed to show MORE info than the mini-guide, not less.
I find it very inconvenient to keep having to go to the tv main screen to click on mini-epg if I want to see whats available. That is the sole reason why I have to use the mini-epg. In all other cases I prefer the full epg, so just like you and others, this improvement is more than welcome to me! :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I think the proposal is good and would help making the interface more userfriendly. But I wouldn't expect it to happen before the 1.1.0 final is released, due to the current feature-freeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom