Homeseer plugin by JDWestoby (1 Viewer)

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Home Country
France France
First of all, thank you very much, JD, for the time you spent doing some tests and answering to my previous post, I really apreciate!

Well, I understand now why it doesn't work, its a pity, but my HS 1.7 is too old.

You are speaking about ActiveX control, you know, I don't understand what is that, but I have an activeX package that I got with HS, you will find it attached, is it possible to do something with that? (By the way, what is this activeX package for?)

But please, don't loose time, just tell me!

:D

Attachments

• HomeSeer ActiveX.rar
    30.6 KB

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Version 1.x

Hi Jean-Marc

I dug out my old (verson 1.4) manual - see even older!

You can write a VB program that calls HomeSeer (Dim WithEvents hs AS HomeSeer.Application, then Set hs = New Application according to the manual) and then call into HomeSeer FROM that application. It >should< be possible to use sockets from VB6...

But this is all using old VB that I don't have anymore, so I can't write or program this at all.

As to writing a script I had a look at a VBScript book and I couldn't find any usage of [TCP/IP] sockets, they might be usable but it wasn't evident - so it seems on first glance that you can't use sockets from this side.

I'm sorry jean-Marc, looks like this isn't do-able!

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok JD, no problem.

I just wanted to thank you for the time you spent explaining me why it cannot work with my configuration.
    It will not work, but at least I am knowing why!

:D again!

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    Latest version

As the veriosn history shows (thank you for suggesting that). Finally managed to get rid of the config plugin in the config tool. Few other small changes.

Don't worry, there's little I can do with this now, I might just have to concentrate on making the HomeSeer side work better....:D

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    MediaPortal 1.1.0 changes

Please see the first post for changes when using the 1.1.0 verison - thanks to all those who use this.

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    Well it had darn well better - I wrote it.

Yes, with some small provisos.

I updated it for 1.2 Beta - think it still works on the latest 1.2.

(I installed the latest 1.2 on a new Windows 7 installation but I'm goinf to revert to XP so haven't installed my plugin - I daren't take down my system it records all our TV).

I also put in some IR commands (never bothered before) and found out that they don't work - easy fix but not done yet.

But the events, and the devices all work fine.

It is really boring, it just spits a little text [XML fragment] over TCP/IP to the plugin, heck you can drive the HomeSeer plugin using Telnet!

HomeSeer needs the plugin (nothing to configure, just copy the plugin and enable it).

Then the MP plugin needs to be put in (there ARE Cmd files for this, you don't have to do this manually).

Enable it in MP Config then go into MP, and More/F9 to get to the confguration - just the IP address of your HomeSeer machine.

There is also on the Android marketplace an app that talks to the same HS plugin.

The first post should give all the info you need, but any issues just get back to me - a PM/Email is probably best.

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    Yup, I'm using it with HS3 (was working on HS2 too) and currently MP1.13 (not put in MP1.14 yet, might upgrade to Win10 when it comes out).

You realise it needs the HS plugin.

And just to show I 'eat my own dogfood' I used it today to turn on the hall lights (which don't have a switch).

By the way if you want a nice Android interface try ColorTigers 'AnyMote Smart Remote' this can send TCP/UDP xml fragments and I use this to control ALL of my HS commands normally. (I only use my own HomeSeerRemote Android app for the commands I can't be bothered to set up).

This talk to the same HS3 plugin of course - it's only text after all. If anyone want more info just ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom