How can I get Logitech Harmony 880 to work in MP? (1 Viewer)

blue sky

Portal Member
February 4, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Just bought an HP MCE remote on eBay because I thought it was one of the remotes recommended to work with MP "out of the box", which it does. Now I'm trying to set up my Harmony 880 remote to communicate with the receiver. Having some trouble - has anyone successfully gotten their Harmony remote to work with this HP MCE receiver to control MP?

ofh

Portal Member
April 14, 2006
Hi
I have a harmony 1 running with your ir-reciever.
Just programmed the remote and everyting works.
Remember to set correct remote on client.
BR
OFH

blue sky

Portal Member
February 4, 2013
Home Country
Hi
I have a harmony 1 running with your ir-reciever.
Just programmed the remote and everyting works.
Remember to set correct remote on client.
BR
OFH
Which device did you add the IR receiver to your harmony as? I've tried various ones and the only function my Harmony will control is power off.

Thane

Portal Member
March 9, 2013
Home Country
Just bought an HP MCE remote on eBay because I thought it was one of the remotes recommended to work with MP "out of the box", which it does. Now I'm trying to set up my Harmony 880 remote to communicate with the receiver. Having some trouble - has anyone successfully gotten their Harmony remote to work with this HP MCE receiver to control MP?

It's working on my system with the exception of the Green button start using Tray Launcher. Give Tray Launcher a try after you get configure your remote - if it works for you its the best way to finish your configuration of your Harmony One remote. A tip for your Harmony - you will need to add a couple of devices to have access to all the necessary commands - MPC Keybaord, etc.

I couldn't get Tray Launcher to work in my current install so I did the following work-around:

I'm starting now with bat file I put in the Start directory. Directions below for anyone looking for a work-around when you can't get Tray Launcher to work for you:

BAt File has two lines:
@echo off
Start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" MediaPortal.exe

I saved it to the Start menu C Users HB Appdata Roaming Microsoft Internet Explorer Quick Launch User Pinned Start menu

I created a sequence on Harmony ONe and assigned that to a custom button "Media On" - the sequence is:

Start
M
P
Enter

Tip: I had to add the mce keyboard as a device to my action to have access to the commands (letters and start).

That said, I wish I could get Tray Launcher working. Any suggestions?

blue sky

Portal Member
February 4, 2013
Home Country
Thanks for your detailed help there! I did finally get the Harmony to work with that receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom