how do I install MPEM (1 Viewer)

wrxin

April 24, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can't figure this out for the life of me. Tried reading all over the website. I want to install the MPEM utility. I download extensions.1.2.2.199.mpe1 but I cannot figure out how to install it. I'm obviously trying to figure out how to install plugins.

Thanks for helping out the new guy,

Mark

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    mpe1 files are installed using the MP Extension Installer. Should be a link on your desktop or in the Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal folder in your start menu.

wrxin

April 24, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks. I'm using Windows 8.1. I see a lot of instructional references to the start menu but as we all know, Microsoft ditched the start menu.

I have a team media portal folder under Program Files (X86). In that folder are MP2-Client, MP2-Servrer, and MP2-SerivceMonitor. I can's find anything about the MP Extension Installer.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, so you've installed MediaPortal 2 and are trying to install a MediaPortal 1 plugin/extension. That won't work, no matter which version of Windows you're using.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    For a new guy guy I suggest Mediaportal 1 which is fully ready for everyday use. Mediaportal 2 doesn't have extensions installer yet so you probably need to manually download zip packages with extensions and unzip them into specific folders

wrxin

April 24, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks for the help. I uninstalled Mediaportal 2, rebooted, and installed Mediaportal 1.71. Everything looked to install correctly. I was able to launch the configuration tool. But when I try to open Mediaportal 1, it shows in the Window 8.1 task bar but I can't actually see it full screen. If I hover my mouse over the icon in the task bar, I can see the little thumbnail of the Mediaportal but it won't show full screen (or even not full screen). Any ideas?

wrxin

April 24, 2014
    Home Country
    I have an nvidia dual output graphics card to run two monitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom