how do you install skins? (1 Viewer)

frankievali

March 16, 2008
I am pretty new to this, but I am having tons of trouble installing any skins. i have downloaded the xface skin and monochrome and I cannot figure it out. I hope someone can help me with this? what are the steps I should take. I am clueless at this point, so any help would be appreciated.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
I am pretty new to this, but I am having tons of trouble installing any skins. i have downloaded the xface skin and monochrome and I cannot figure it out. I hope someone can help me with this? what are the steps I should take. I am clueless at this point, so any help would be appreciated.

Just drop the skin in the skins folder in your mediaportal install directory ie Mediaportal\skins. then start config and go to skins and select the skin.

frankievali

March 16, 2008
would that be under plugins? when I try this, I cannot figure out where and how to get the skin there. for example with the monochrome skin, it came with instructions that I followed. these are the instuctions in the readme:

the below info is confusing to me.

###################################################################
# Mediaportal-svn-07-04-2008--12-31-Rev19574 (or later) REQUIRED #
###################################################################

RELEASE DATE: 10th July 2008

Install Instructions:
---------------------

1) Copy the GeosansLight.ttf font from the Font folder into your Windows\Fonts folder.
If using Vista you may need to right-click on the font and choose "install".

2) Copy the Monochrome 4x3 folder to you MediaPortal\Skin folder.

3) Copy the plugins to your MediaPortal\Plugins\Windows folder.

4) Enable all the included plugins. how do you do this?

5) Delete the cache folder in : ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache (Vista)
Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal\Cache (Windows XP)

Known Bugs:
-----------

1) Problems with music overlay in My Music - can't be fixed to my satisfaction (MediaPortal code issue).
2) Some display problems when using standby/hibernate.
3) Occasional MP-TVSeries occasional issues.
4) Sudoku text is too dark - embedded in MediaPortal code.

Have fun!!!
Psycho Reptile.

Release History:

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
Here is a screenie

info.jpg

frankievali

March 16, 2008
ok, that seemed to work. thank you for that, but I have another question. how do you get xface to work? I unzipped the file, but do not know how to get the folder to work for me. I copied it to the skins folder undre mediaportal, but I don't know what to do next. I see on your screenshot that you have xface. any tips on how to go about geting that on the skins page?

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
You should be able to copy the xface folder in the same way. You will have open mediaportal configuration after you have copied it in otherwise it won't refresh.

frankievali

March 16, 2008
Ok, well it seems that you have helped me figure out this skins thing and all is well. thank you very much. now I am in xface and I cannot get the videos section to work with videos that i have on my computer. they are regular mpeg 2 videos, so this should work. it works on the original blue skin that is default on mediaportal. do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom