How do you replace The ugly X no_thumb in the Radio Module (1 Viewer)

Calsi

Portal Pro
May 4, 2013
Home Country
Bermuda Bermuda
Hi, audio_nothumb.png
I need to replace the "X audio_no thumb" thumb with a Radio symbol such as a microphone or any symbol in the Channel page on the Home Basic Radio Module. And I need to know where to put it.
I'm using MP 5 Titan Basic Home skin
Thanks for anyone who can help.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Two ways you can do this.

1) Simply replace the noaudio_thumb.png in c:/ProgramData/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/skin/Titan/Media - suggest sticking to same 300x300 pixel format.

OR

2) Create a Theme for yourself - for ONE image, seems like over kill, but you could loose 'new' image on upgrade.

Create Theme.

a) In Titan skin directory, I tjhink you'll see you already have a Themes directory. In the DIR create your own theme dir - ie Calsi, if not create Themes/Calsi
    b) In Calsi, either copy theme.xml from one of the other Theme directories or create file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <controls>
    <theme>
    <version>1.4.0.0</version>
    <author>Calsi</author>
    </theme>
    </controls>

Make sure it is saved as XML file and not txt file.

c) In Calsi, create Media directory and put replacement file called noaudio_thumb.png in there.

You then need to select Calsi as your theme in config GUI, and clear the skin cache [just delete files in cache].

Advantage of a theme is you can update/mod/replace other images to your hearts content, as long as it has the same file name, MePo will use a Theme file in preference to native skin file - it's an easy and consistent way to personalise MePo - and if you get it wrong, just remove file.

Hope that gives you what you need.

TTFN - JCMP.

Last edited:

Calsi

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Bermuda Bermuda
    Hi JimCatMP,

I tried your suggestion and I couldn't get it to work. Just to make sure that you understand what X I'm talking about, see my attached image in the Radio Module.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks.

Radio Channels.jpg

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Good idea Kiwijunglist - X marks the spot isn't always the best option(y)

Pending that - file(s) you need too look at are : DefaultMyRadioBigLocked.png or DefaltMyRadioStreamBig.png - same advice applies.

Open the c:/ProgramData/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/skin/Titan/Media, set explorer to show large icons and you can quickly find the two files.

Cheers - J.

J

joostzilla

Consider it done. Thanks for the tip (y)
    iirc there is already a Radio thumb. I will make sure it will be in the next update :)

Attachments

• Radio_thumb_default.png
      Radio_thumb_default.png
      178.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom