How does MP integrate into XP? (1 Viewer)

ddos

December 4, 2006
Ive read the wiki, and faq's but didnt really get an answer to my question. Ive never used MCE or even seen it going. Just how does MP integrate into XP, by that I mean does it start when I choose it to in the start menu like a regular program or does it take over XP altogether? I ask this as Ive got XP running well with all my programs etc and dont want to mess it up. Is it nessesary to make a back up of important things before you install?

ddos

December 4, 2006
thank you for the quick response! Another question: can I launch Mp from my hauppage remote so it turns my computer on then starts Mp as well?

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
To add: some remotes are able to start your PC, this depends on remote and PC (depends on the mainboards ability to start upon an USB signal and the remotes capability to send such a signal) This has nothing to do with Mediaportal. It might be interesting for you to know that several Sleep/Suspend/Hibernate etc. policies exist which work nice with mediaportal, though some of them might demand quite some fiddling to get it working.

m.standish

Portal Pro
July 9, 2006
Wakefield
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Infinity. in my experience it integrates even less than a standard app. Try moving your halo directory and see if it still runs lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom