How´s the stability today? (2 Viewers)

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
November 8, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Is the TVE3 stable enough to use today? Has there been added any support for multiple audio-streams?

When will it get out from the beta-state? :D

Have a nice day =)

edit.

By the way, i read about the web-interface... i really like that feature! I just have one question... Has any got any idea how to wake the server up from S3-standby, when entering the webinterface? It would be really nice =D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Is the TVE3 stable enough to use today?
    I use it everyday. it still has a few issues (see mantis), but no showstopers :)
    Has there been added any support for multiple audio-streams?
    erm... if you mean if its possible to record a movie + all audiostreams -> yes, thats possible since a looooooong time allready

When will it get out from the beta-state? :D
    when its done :D
    By the way, i read about the web-interface... i really like that feature! I just have one question... Has any got any idea how to wake the server up from S3-standby, when entering the webinterface?
    your idea means that you would have one server PC which is running the Webinterface and an other one where the TV-Server is installed.
    you could wake your TV-Server up with WakeOnLan, but this feature has not been added yet.

I also do not know why that would be useful, because if you have an PC running 24/7 (where WebGuide is installed), then the TVServer should be installed there too -> no need for WakeOnLan ;)

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also do not know why that would be useful, because if you have an PC running 24/7 (where WebGuide is installed), then the TVServer should be installed there too -> no need for WakeOnLan ;)

Now let's say both is installed on the same Server, but not running 24/7.
    (e.g. nearly every single seat setup, running it 24/7 just doesnt make any sence unless you really need it 24/7!)
    Now being anywhere you want, able to connect to my home network, it would be nice to be able to wake up my HTPC.

Im not sure since I havent tried yet but i think it would work to just enable WakeOnLan though and then connect to it. Even though WOL ain't integrated into MP itself yet. Wheres the difference between just turning it on though, which works aswell :)

Regards, Muldini

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    but i don´t have any computer running 24/7... i´ll be using the single seat =)

Roberdin

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2005
    London, United Kingdom
    You could send a wake-on-LAN packet to wake up the PC then wait a few minutes while it starts, then connect to the web server. I don't see how else this could be designed, because in order for the web server to be running the computer must be obviously running as well.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Now let's say both is installed on the same Server, but not running 24/7
    :mad:
    now, can you tell me how you want to use the WebGuide to wake up the PC where it is installed?

I guess that you talked about a singlesteat installation. So what you need is a router which has a WOL (WakeOnLan) feature.
    Then you can wake up your HTPC remotely, by accessing your routers webinterface, to i.e. schedule a few shows with the webguide.

BUT that functionality has no relation to TV-Server or WebGuide then ;)

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    i´ll check out my router and see if it´s possible to fix... hope so =D

i can´t afford a sepparate tv-server yet, but i really want one =)

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, one of us missunderstood his wish i think.

"Has any got any idea how to wake the server up from S3-standby, when entering the webinterface?"

For me that means, if i enter "http://htpc-name/MPWebGuide", the PC is woken up by my NIC, which works fine. Ofc it takes a while until i really can access the page.

If he ment waking up the PC through the WebGuide itself, then ofc you are right i-loop.

Hope i was able to clear up what i ment ;)

Regards, Muldini

KoktGrus

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    you´ve got it ;)

how did you do to get it work? =)

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just allow your NIC to wake up your PC (somewhere in Device Manager). I'm not sure it will work from outside your router though. Haven't tested that yet.

Kind Regards,
    Muldini

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom