How to add a VideoPlayer Object to MP window? Help! (1 Viewer)

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi guys i trying to add a FlashPlayer object to MP and have it behave like the normal MP Player. I don't need to control it but I'm finding it hard to allow notify windows and other windows appear on top of a MPForm without losing the FlashPlayer Window behind MP windows. Is using a MPForm the best way? Please any help would be appreciated.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No One? I'm only trying to help to make MediaPortal better.

I also trying to find out how to disable the auto-hide cursor, But can not find the part of code I need.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are my questions too hard, not enough info or what? How do you get support from the mp development team? Tell me so I can do it! Last time I will be asking. It's not the first time I've asked for some help and always got the same response, so yes I'm really not happy

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Do you mean, add FlashPlayer to Configuration/SetupTv or MP GUI itself?
    MPForm is only used in Configuration/SetupTv. MP GUI is purely DirectX based, no GDI windows can be displayed (at least not when MP is fullscreen)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Perhaps taking a peek at the browserhost in onlinevideos can help? (I more or less suspect you want to use that functionality)

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Mp GUI itself. I'm using a mp form but its really is less than perfect. I do wonder now why mp doesn't have a panel that could take objects? At the moment it's working as a mp form I've found a way to keep the cursor on top and kept visible. But not dialogs to be displayed on top of the form.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    MP GUI uses DirectX/Direct3D (like I said earlier). Windows Forms use GDI. Those two don't mix well. In fact they don't mix at all in full screen (DirectX exclusive mode). These are entirely different technologies not designed to work together (with the exception of windowed DX which work more or less like an overlay). MS recommendation when you want to display a window on top of fullscreen DX surface, used to be after each WM_PAINT to grab BitmapBits from window DC, turn that into a texture and the use DX to draw that texture on top of fullscreen DX surface. I do not know if there has been some enhancement in later DX to allow for a better solution, but I doubt it.Needless to say this technique is VERY slow and should only be use to show e.g. a message window, or a window with some options etc.

That being said, you might want to have a look at (in addition to onlinevideos which probably does exactly what you want to do) winamp visualizations. Also external players implement similar functionality.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah it's a game player using flash and unity3d, so I'm kind of stuck with them. While i have most of it sorted its was just my issues above that really are not ideal.I do have an Idea for the Dialogs which should solve that one too. Guess it's really my only option. thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom