How To: Adding "Change Device" option back (1 Viewer)

b0rna

Portal Member
August 5, 2006
I was a fan of the mediaportal fullscreen on secondary monitor launcher for my htpc downstairs, but the new builds removed the change device menu and rendered this launcher useless. (edit: the launcher no longer works. you can still do it manually. i will have to write my own when i have some time.)

anyways i modified the source and compiled and got the menu back.

for those who want this menu back...

im not a very good programmer and im not sure how to make patches, here are two ways to get it back:

(1) the easy way, here is the executable for the latest build which enables the menu, just replace it with the current one in the MP install folder and go.

http://members.shaw.ca/borna/MediaPortal.exe

(2) if you want to compile it yourself, you need to modify the d3dapp.cs file in the source library, search it.

change this segment

//
// menuItemFile
//
this.menuItemFile.Index = 0;
this.menuItemFile.MenuItems.AddRange(new System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem[] {
this.menuItemExit);
this.menuItemFile.Text = "&File";
//

to

//
// menuItemFile
//
this.menuItemFile.Index = 0;
this.menuItemFile.MenuItems.AddRange(new System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem[] {
this.menuItemExit,
this.menuItemChangeDevice});
this.menuItemFile.Text = "&File";
//

and this line:

this.menuItemChangeDevice.Index = -1;

to

this.menuItemChangeDevice.Index = 1;

Now recompile with any method, instructions in the documents section and enjoy. I recommend the last compile method, msbuild.

kk!

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi b0rna,

As this is really a "how to" post, I have moved it to the "Tips and Tricks" section.... :)

dpkonofa

August 11, 2006
    bring it back!

is there any way to do this on the latest build of MP? I have no coding experience, so if someone could compile the latest build with this little trick in there, i'd appreciate it. it's driving me nuts to not be able to use MP anymore on my TV instead of my PC monitor. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom