how to architecting my application (1 Viewer)

nu_81

Portal Pro
November 15, 2009
Rheinberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
now I finished the basic functionalities of my planned application
and next I want to integrate this in MePo.

I need some help how to split the code to integrate it in a TVServer Plugin and a MePo PlugIn.

First a short explanation of the components and their functionallities.
My Application runs a Process (stored in TVAnytime.Process
.dll) which analyse the Program of specified Pay TV Channel and decide with some parameters if it will be recorded.
The parameters are:
- is that program allready recorded or planned?
- was the program allready handeld (recorded / rejected by system or by hand)
- is the imdb rating higher as my minimum request

Every result is stored by a central class "History" in TVAnytime.Manager.dll which is connect to a new mySQL Table on the TVServer Database.

With this "History" class I'm also able to Manage every Program which is marked to record (to reject it manually if for example the program was allready seen) or to manage the status of programs without a imdb result (these are the fewest).
Changing the "record" or "not record" flag change directly the schedule in MePo and all changes will be stored for next processing.

All these described functionins are allready working as a stand alone process (which must be started manually) and with a Windows Form to manage the results.
By now these 3 dlls, a Command Application to start the process, the Windows Form and a copy of Gentle.config are resided in "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" to get it work.

My goal is to include my process in a TVServer PlugIn and to get MePo Plugin to Manage the results in the MePo Gui. But the TVAnytime.Manager.dll is used by both parts?!

How should these parts be build to get a reasonable way?

Thanks you for some ideas
Nu

Last edited:

nu_81

Portal Pro
November 15, 2009
Rheinberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
I will concretize my question.
If I copy my TVServer PlugIn in "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins"
and reference to my History class in "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" how does the PlugIn find the dll for example on a 64 bit maschine when the path is "C:\Program Files(x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" ?
And why must I have a copy of Gentle.config in "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" to get it run ?

Thank you in advance for somethink to start one thinking.

nu_81

Portal Pro
November 15, 2009
Rheinberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
sorry for ask another time, but I try to analyse allready existig TVServer PlugIns and didn't find any probing or codebase methods to bind the assemblys for example TVDatabase.dll, etc. in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" from PlugIn folder.
Please bring some light in my life!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom