How to assign channels using Schedules Direct Pluggin (1 Viewer)

sparafucile17

Portal Member
May 16, 2011
Hello,

I have recently signed up for a Schedules Direct(SD) Account and have already paid my yearly subscription. Next I downloaded and installed the SD Pluggin for MediaPortal. However, when I grab the EPG data I am only getting a couple of channels and some of them are on the wrong channel. I am using over-the-air ATSC in Michigan (U.S.).

I am wondering if there is a way to assign channels in MediaPortal to "known" channels by SD. I think the data retrieval is just fine, but the station names must not be matching whatever SD has in it's database. And yes I have already setup a lineup on SD website.

Any tips or suggestions?
- Jeff

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Jeff

Figuring out how the SD plugin configuration is meant to work is a matter of asking around. I think you've found the right place to ask here...

sparafucile17

Portal Member
    May 16, 2011
    Ummm... not really. The SD Pluggin (not mc2xml) has issues assigning channel names to numbers. So if I use the SD pluggin I only get two channels out of 13. That is why I put a post here in the MediaPortal Pluggins forum. The other thread which you are referring to deals more with mc2xml which is a command-line script that works in conjunction with the xmltv pluggin. BTW, that method works flawlessly because the xmltv pluggin has a tab which allows you to assign channels. However, it also requires me to write a bat file for running mc2xml and setting up a periodic task for executing it.

But I am posting here because I would like to avoid all this hassle and just use the SD pluggin period. And it would work if I could only assign channels. Is there a file I just need to edit in order for this to work? Is there any one (including the author) of the SD pluggin which can help?

- Jeff

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't know if I can help at all ...

I don't know if I've ever run into difficulties with pairing SD with MP. I renamed my OTA channels from their initial scans in TV-Server to my personal preference. Then in the SD plugin, followed the setup instructions. It has been a long time since I did a full setup, even when adding additional HDHomeRun tuners, I don't recall having missed any channels (I actually grouped off the several channels I wouldn't bother watching).

I do remember on the recent rescan, that many of the default names from the MP TV-Server scan weren't recognized by the SD plugin, even though they were duplicated under different names from the earlier scan. . . apparently the local broadcasters don't have any reason to standardize their channel info. My best guess, for your setup, is to rename the MP TV-Server scanned channels to the SD names and see what happens. Many of my channels also had to have the Free-to air flag set individually.

best,

Chuck

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I had to find another source after MS closed down Windows Media Center AND their TV guide. I went back to SD and the MP plug-in and it works, mostly. I'm having issue with the Season/Episode data not being correct/consistent.

I used to use two batch files (tasks). One for mc2xml to pull the .xml file from Microsoft and the other would use Episodescanner to assign S/E values from theTVDB.

Now that I'm having issue with the S/E consistency I'm looking once again at mc2xml (with a Schedules Direct account) and episodescanner to come through.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom