How To: Building MediaPortal with Visual Studio 2003 .Net (1 Viewer)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks - I asked due to the size of the download of the SDK. I didn't want to download another if the one I already had was at the correct version level.

I appreciate your answer.

Mike

chowchin

June 22, 2006
    Error in building the source

Hi, I just downlaod the source code from SVN, and opened the solution in VS.net 2005

When I try to build the solution, it shows the error

Error 1 Newline in constant C:\Project\dotnet\MediaPortal\Core\guilib\GUIFilmstripControl.cs 779 134 Core

And I find the line, the error occur becuase of a un-closed '
    action.m_key.KeyChar == '?)

and I find that it problem also exist in other source code that contain this character '?'

anyone encounter this problem ??? and how to soluton??/
    or it is a setting issue??

WeBoat

Portal Member
    January 21, 2007
    Has this been updated at all? I'm about to dive into this. Is there a newer thread on building mediaportal? It seems that 8 months is a long time between messages.

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    WeBoat:

Its not possible to compile MP using VS 2003 anymore, as it uses .NET 1.1. MP has moved on to .NET 2.0 and therefore VS 2005, and has made use of .NET 2.0 only features, like generics.

Try Visual C# express, which does work with .NET 2.0.

Sam

rjburke377

Portal Member
    March 24, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Note: I have been using Visual Studio 2008 express edition and have been making code changes to the configuration app and database.dll. Everything appears to be ok. The project conversion imports the Media Portal solution without any problems.

I have noticed that one of my try/catch blocks in Database.dll executes before the debugger fully attaches and some strangeness happens that I can't explain ... a catch block doesn't appear to execute correctly in a failure condition. Can't use the debugger to investigate.

Rick

darsen

October 29, 2008
    Obtaining Source code

Hi,
    Could someone please explain to a newbie how to get the source code. My immediate "task" is to build the MP so I can use nice VS2008 tools to gain understanding of how MP is constructed and how it works.

Thanks

cwaidner

Portal Member
    November 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

I'm also very interested in getting the up-to-date sources for the 1.x series of code. I got my files from the SVN but in the trunk only 0.9.4 is available. There is a tag for 1.0.0 RC3, but this one I don't want to change.

The link provided by flokel gives me an Internal Server Error 500, the documentation thread which is sticky in this forum is outdated (still VS 2003).

Can someone give me and all the other guys interested in active development a step by step guide or at least a working link for a documentation in how to get and build the current release?

Thanks,
    Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom