How to configure 'built-in' plugins after build? (1 Viewer)

kevin-f

Portal Member
September 29, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Basic environment: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Visual Studio 2013, MP 1.12 built ('shipped' MP 1.12 already separately installed & working on same machine)

After build, when I launch my 'dev' build of Configuration.exe, there's no 'TV' section in the left-hand menu. Going to 'Plugins', the list of available plugins is empty, and if I click the 'Browse & install' option (or launch MpeInstaller directly), the list of plugins to install doesn't include the 'built-in' plugins like TV. How do I get those installed/registered on a dev build?

Thanks in advance for any info.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi Kevin,

Compile the Filters.sln, TvLibrary.sln, TvPlugin.sln, and MediaPortal.sln in debug mode.
    Run the
    TvEngine3\TVLibrary\Collect Debug Files.bat
    TvEngine3\TVLibrary\Copy Filters To MP Debug & Register.bat
    TvEngine3\TVLibrary\Copy TvPluginDebug To MP Debug.bat

kevin-f

Portal Member
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks - that did get me on the right track, especially since it made me realise that they're being loaded (very reasonably) by scanning a given directory for dlls rather than some registry thing or other config store. I'll just note a couple of things here in case it helps anyone else:
    * You need to build Filters.sln in Release before running the "Copy Filters to MP Debug[...]" batch, since it explicitly looks in Release folders
    * Once those steps are done, invoking Configuration.exe in the debugger directly from VS2013 won't let it see the dlls, because it's not looking in the right directory, i.e. it's looking in mediaportal\Configuration\bin\Debug rather than mediaportal\MediaPortal.Application\bin\Debug. Making it launch in a different working directory won't help, since MediaPortal.Configuration.Config.Config() uses AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory not Environment.CurrentDirectory. (Easiest option for launching from scratch: change that temporarily.)
    So now I get the plugins needed when I launch Configuration.exe, and I can get it to confirm it connects to the TV server ok. Still got a problem with MP itself; when I select the 'TV' option, it just stays on the main screen ... but the 'hyperlink' handler associated with that menu option seems to think it should jump to a window with id 1, which doesn't sound right ... so I'm guessing some initial dll load/scan window fixup isn't working for some reason . Will look into that and post in separate thread if needs be ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom